Run Run Rudolph

I did not know, or pay attention to the real title of the Chuck Berry smash hit, 'Run Rudolph Run'...always thought it was Run Run Rudolph...ah, what was I thinking?...this goes back to me earlier days...as I was not much into lyrics...it was the melody, and the beat, I reckon'...could sing many songs in the first line or so, but that was it...there were so many of me amigos and amigas that could sing the tunes all the way thru...not moi...

It's not that I didn't care...as one of my fav parts of getting a new vinyl, was to look at the jacket and take out the words...and sing along...but, I didn't memorize nuttin'...kind of like reading real music sheets...ah, no way...the sharps and whatever...made no sense...

The covers of the many Xmas songs...who does them better than the original?...Burl Ives, 'Holly Jolly Christmas'...Elvis, 'Blue Christmas'...Bing, 'White Christmas'...nobody did those better...thinking more about this...there were singers that just owned the season...Johnny Mathis, Amy Grant, Andy Williams...the list is long, and I'm sure I'd leave your choice out...

If you are not in the mood, you GET in the mood...ah, isn't that a line from a movie?...not sure from where, but it sure popped into my mind...well, now, I am talking the Holiday Spirit...

Ugly Xmas Sweater parties or whatever...that is a misnomer...unique...bizarre...festive...fun...all better nomenclature...I think they are great...love to see them on the web net...and on the pixels...makes me feel warm....go figure...

This is the day that we and millions of others...hit Costco...for the needs of the Christmas week...the list is long and we have to take the SUV...

Did you see the finale of the Survivor?...what?...the wrong dude won...how can they vote for a guy who won NO competitions?...blasphemy...well, you could parallel that to the '16 election...I digress...

Look away...there were 2 bowl games yesterday...and I missed them both...not a good sign, kids...as I have said often...I know nuttin'...

Geez, the weather gal (aren't most of them female now?) forecasted a very wet Christmas down here is South SoCal...booo...

For you retirees, the am shows on the tele are a lifeline, right?...when I was a working, never saw them...my choice of choices are Good Morning America (always in good moods) and the Kelly and Ryan Show...for the same reason...how about you?...

No more lip-syncing!...Julianne Hough, repeated the act...on her own special...c'mon...let your talent shine...live...if it really is you...that goes for all...hear me Brit?....

Marsh got me a new 'winter coat'...it is a North Face...yes, I am name dropping...but, listen, kids...it is so well made...and warm, to boot...which brings me to a funny...that happened a couple of years ago...we were taking Sammi out for her late nite walk...M did not know that she had the same brand of coat...and as we were about to vacate the elevator, I said 'hey, you got a north face!'...which, for some reason, ticked the little lady off and retorted 'well, you got a butt face!'...I had to explain to her that my statement had to do with the name brand of her coat...she still said that I had a ____ face...

Grandma got ran over by a reindeer...on Christmas...what?...that made money?...

When is the last time that you emptied your mail?...talking smart phone now...just did, and the numbers were in the thousands...wooah...

Another set of bowl games today...the hot one is the SDSU and Central Michigan matchup (11 am)...first team to score 20 wins...the other is the Dawgs and Boise St, at 4:30 in Vegas... ( is Boise a state?)...

We aborted our 2,000 piece jigsaw puzzle...you want it?...and replaced it with a 500 one...that we completed in 2 days...too easy...the right number is 1,000...

2 decent NFL games today, too...Bills at the Pats...SF at LaLa...you care?...yea, me neither...

Finally, if you are still a searching to find the right gift...and are thinking a watch...I have like 10 great ones...but ONLY wear my iwatch...just a hint....

Go Aztecs!

Comments

Popular Posts