Mashed Potato Time

'It's the greatest, it's the latest...'...man oh live, if ya'll are having the turkey, you BETTER have the mashed potatoes , too...with loads of gravy...I mean, c'mon...USED to be, one had to have every single bit mashed, ...now, it is in vogue to have lumps of taters in them...albeit, small ones...BUT, this household is minus the bird...it is the Horsebaked Ham...with scalloped taters...that's the way it is...

I keep thinking back this am, about the funniest TV Turkey dinners...the 2 that jogged me brain the most...were the ones on and Friends and Cheers...the clear favorite, was the Cheers episode...it was the throwing of the food, all over the set...lawdy, it was FUNNY!...the Friends one that was my reference, was when Brad Pitt sat in...seems like on a smaller table....which brings me to Seinfeld...where I don't think it was Thanksgiving, but Elaine was at a smaller
table, too...the one about the horse...or, another dindin, in 'The Wedding Crashers', there was an incident that was hilarious...OK, I have wandered away from the original concept...I just kept thinking...


Some pretty decent hoops last eve...as the LaLa Lakers survived in Norleans...they may be better than I figured...boo...the Clip Joint in a goofy game in Memphis...without Kawhi...the Ducks coming back from a most certain loss to Seton Hall...oh my...and the one that I couldn't see...wasn't shown down here...PDX winning, with really balanced scoring....maybe, they have that 4 and 1 ready to go...Melo will help them...

Can't think of only one of the turkey day NFL games that are that interesting...Bears and Lions...who cares?...Bills and Cowboys...ah, maybe the only one...if Dallas loses, the HC may be a packing...and the Saints and Falcons...a real turkey....man, I miss John Madden, as the color guy...everyone else fails in comparison...

Most of you out there in the real world...use some form of smart phone, now...the landline is almost extinct...unless, you are maybe my age...and keep hanging on...we don't have one...so, you are dependent on the apps that you have on the cell phone...how many do you have?...gosh, my number must be at 40+...but, I use like 16 the most...how about you?...

Have you SEEN the new Tesla?...they call it the Cybertruck....and it is goulish looking..goulash?...I dunno...UGLY may be a better word...and get this, the Dubai police say they may add them to their fleet...fake or real news?...

The mighty Padres (now brown uniformed) traded away one of their hot prospects...2B Urias...for an OF and another pitcher...ah, they gave away one of their starters, too...kind of bizarre...so there must be other moves to be made, like to get a new 2B...not sure if this is wasted time...how many OF's do they have now?...too many...

The Q of the day...can Michael Bloomberg BUY his way into the election for the Demos?...I'll say this much...he doesn't hold back on ripping Donny...which is a good thing...I want him to stand up and debate the candy people that are already there...don't you?...let's see if money talks...

Of course, I go back to when I played and coached hoops...the day after Thanksgiving...my coach, and then me, as the coach...would have us do a 'turkey trot' to work off the extra baggage we had  gained from the meal...I suggested that if any of my players, turned to the coaching ranks, later on...to keep the tradition going...

And finally...the most repulsive of all doctored photos...moreso than any of the KFam pix...or, the blurred ones of most anyone...ha ha...was the following picture...guess what, kids...there are people who will believe this is real...probably the 75% of the Repubs who vote for him regardless of ANYTHING...Teerump on Rocky's body...and yup, he posted this himself...oh my...


Comments

Popular Posts