Spit Shine

It was the days, my friends...we wore them wing tips...and they shined...my how they shined...you could see your face thru the mirror image that YOU created with your hard work on them leather shoes...Lincoln Wax was the preferred brand...add what we called a 'SPIT SHINE' and there you go...some of us rad dudes, wore some clickers to the soles...which not only made a way cool sound on the floor...but, prolonged the life of the shoe...it was, like FAR OUT, man...

I am bringing this up, as some of my way old high school chums...want to meet again...and celebrate another year of life, I reckon...this would be number 54 or so...egads...that's a long trip for moi...I think I will wait on the 55th...it's the class of '65 in Salem, like North...the largest senior class there, EVER...I laugh, cuz the numbers are always skewed...the last time I recall, it was 925...whatever...

Yup, I went back there and taught at the old school...actually, two sessions...and that's from where I retired...my last gig was the activities advisor...and I couldn't ever get the actual '65 numbers...weird, too, was that there were some of my class year, that were teaching at NSH, also...

So, if you meet up are you supposed to be happy, drink the bubbly, tell the tales which are now very looong, and exaggerated?...or sip some bottled water, talk about who died, and or, what has been ailing ya?..."All Hail ...."...you know the rest...I digress...

On the other coast...

Trump...and his black felt pen...and, or, his dry erase black pen...whatever he used for the alteration to the real path of Dorian...or probable path...why does he continue his folly?...can't he just admit he made a mistake?...like, he doesn't really know where Alabama is...send Jared down there to check it out...then he can report back...

Dorian is still swirling like in the Carolinas...hmmm, I wonder if his 'sharpie' knows where that is?..."Donny, (Jr) can you go down to Carolina and see if they need help?"..."What?...there are two of them?...damn, Eric, you go to the other one..."...

Just when you thought that another Trump book just may be too much...word came out that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is penning one...ah, does she need a ghost rider like the one Donny used?...Trump heard of it, and said it will be a great book...and she is a great lady...

Reality...

So much talk about the mighty Padres...in the Trib...as to the safety of the managerial position that is currently held by Mgr Green...something slipped out that has never been released before...that many of his decisions, are in REALITY not just his...that there is a 3 headed monster calling the shots...as to whom shall play, and who will be traded....GM AJ, owner management, and then...lil Mgr Green....listen, kids...I would not coach that way...you hired me...I'll do the best I can...and, thus, to paraphrase Johnny Paycheck, 'You Can Take This Job And Shove It'...

You know who Ronnie Dunn is?...the REAL singing part of Brooks and Dunn...has made an album of covers...like songs that were made famous by other blokes...he just released a couple of the 24 he did...this may be one of the best discs in a long time...he...can...sang...

The trip to the coast is over...we could only get a few days...and...it was way hot...the lowest it got was 76*...at nite...but, we did hit the beach a couple of times...and saw some of the best surfing, ever...large waves and some very talented guys and gals...yup, we got into the aqua, too...but, no, no surfing...and one mas thing...Sammi lurves the camping, er glamping....

The Ducks...hosting the Nevada Wolf Pack...I am a bit uneasy at the point spread...23, was the last I saw...geez, the Pack just WON their opener at the buzzer, by the FG...the kicker by the way, got the game ball, and more importantly, a SCHOLARSHIP!...wonder if the Ducks kick their arse, they will take it back?...I see it more like a 7-10 point diff...handicapper Horse...Breaking...the line has risen to 24.5...really?...

OK, I'll see ya'll in the regular time in the morning...

Comments

Popular Posts