A Monger

Wednesday is my early golf time...so...just some thoughts before I go...you know when you are watching a cooking show...I do...and the chefs make it look so easy...they do...and then they throw this little tidbit at ya...they do...'first of all, you need a fresh piece of fish, trust your fish monger'...well, I think to myself...I do...I'm not trusting a monger...

It's a bad word...ah, it sounds bad...now, a purveyor, I can trust...but a monger?...I don't think so...turns out, you who are strong with the bloody English language...that, indeed, is the correct usage...and name for the dude who tells us, the best and freshest fish he has...or, well, she has...

So, when you go into one of them fancy super markets, that has EVERYTHING...and you are looking for the perfect wine for the evening's meal...one should ask the wine monger?...'hey dude, you the monger?'....

I could be the best hamburger monger out in the web net...you want the tastiest and the most bodacious?...I'm your man...I can tell you the ups and downs of any in San Diego...in a hurry, well, do this one...want some beef?...get this...sure, on and on...

Imagine, you are on the 'Price is Right'....in front of gazzads of people, throughout the pixel land...and the host asks  'what do you do?'...well, sir, I am a monger...

Much different...stuff...

The Dayton Police gave more chilling accounts of the massacre there...that the killer shot 26 people in 32 seconds, before he was taken down...for you who still think that rapid fire guns should be in the hands of anyone, doesn't that just make you reconsider?...26 people in 32 seconds!!!

The Futures were horrific this am, kids...this may be a record day for losses...who do you blame?...the president monger?...

The mighty Padres are wallowing in the muck...another bad loss, at home...to make matters worse, the SS sensation, Tatis, is down...and out...for awhile...

We all should follow the upheaval in Hong Kong...not sure what we can do about it...but, I get the sense that it's not too long before that city will be in the hands of China...

OK, gotta run...I will publish this and add on later this afternoon...

Comments

Popular Posts