PDX Improves

I'm a betting that there were a gaggle of tele sets turned on to the LaLa Lakers at Portland last eve in the opener for both in the NBA...of course, due to the official beginning of the LeBron era in the purple and gold...not to be dismayed, the show was good...PDX won...yet, James was just fine...here is my take...

The Lake Show is kind of fun...speed is the key for them...BUT...they are woefully weak in the middle...and even moreso in their 2nd team...which will be an achilles heal, if they do not trade for some proven dudes...they are a work in process, often going where they don't find each other...it's a long season, kids...my grade for game number one?...C-...

The Portland Trailblazers...you know, I really liked what I saw...there is a quiet confidence with their 2 star guards...seemingly added a 3 point shooter in Nik Stauskas...they played hard and aggressively...and, gulp, with a change in their D philosophy, too...maybe, just maybe, they can move up and NOT be the one that gets eliminated in the playoff scheme...justing by last eve, it won't be them...their grade?...A-...

Trump...he is out on the stump...talking...blabbering...putting foot in mouth...whatever you call it...I'd say he is embarrassing himself, but that can't happen...embarrassing the Presidency, YES!...but, himself?...he is oblivious...his latest, and I do mean, latest...is when he praised a candidate for body slamming a reporter...'his type of guy'...I can't make this crap up...

We watched the CMT Show about women in country...most of my favs were there, either singing or presenting....something...Little Big Town, Lady A, Kelsey Ballerina (?), and of course, the queen of them all (now), Carrie Underwood...who brought the house down with 'Stand By Your Man'...

What is your take on the disappearance of the Washington Post writer in Turkey?...Trump says to not rush to judgment...there is some 'collusion' talk...I dunno...it's all about the Saudis...does he have a Tower there, too?...I just don't want to dig deeper...so tired of this and him...

The Bosox are in the World Series...think we are going to hear Neil Diamond's 'Sweet Caroline' a bit in the next 2 weeks?...listen, they are loaded and pack a big punch and are MY favs to win it all...regardless of who comes out of the NL...

The question mark...make that the BIG Q, is how many people will actually get out and VOTE...there is a small sample size to go by....the Tennessean reports that there is a BIG early turnout in the midterms there...hmmm...promise on the horizon?...

Mega Millions approaching $1 billion bucks...shoot, I think I may have to invest 2 dollars in it...I mean, I throw that much away every time I tee off....oh yea, I went to buy some new golf balls...bought 3 dozen...and none of them are the Pro V's...we'll see how this experiment goes...and yes, I did find me some Taylor Made M2 irons...to match up with me driver, which I absolutely lurve...fore!...

Putin just released this...that in his estimation that 'the US is losing it's global domination'...thanks, Donny, thanks...

Finally, I will tell you this...Gladys Knight sang in that CMT Show...and looked and sounded GREAT!...at 74...she was with the 2 gals from Little Big Town...

Comments