I'm Gonna Sit Right Down

Sometimes when I write, I have no idea how it pops into me head...the items or the thoughts, or music...it just does... must have heard it somewhere...a song...that keeps a ringing...maybe you have heard it before...of course, you have to be from my generation...I don't think they even play it on XM's 50's Station...'I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter'...many have covered it, ie, Nat King Cole, Paul McCartney, Frank Sinatra, even Willie Nelson...amongst many others...but, the hit that I heard and gasp, still do, was by Billy Williams...dang if it's not catchy...find it...listen to it...buy it...on iTunes...and ya'll be humming it all day long...you are welcome...

OK, I have lied...told you that I wouldn't watch the bloody beisbol playoffs...alas, me eyes have been glued to 'em the past 2 nights...both beauts...the Bosox stealing one from the Astros was non-stop action...well, for baseball...a terrific diving catch in LF sealed the deal in the 9th...man, in the top of the 9th, a similar play was done by the Houston RF...great stuff...of course, what the media will talk about today, was the fan interference on a possible HR...that Country Joe (the ump) ruled immediately that it was...negated a round tripper...yes sir, I agreed with Joe...which just may be the first time ever...

What's the number now of cabinet members of the Trump Regime that has left, been fired, or ran out of the White House as fast as their feet would take them?...another bit the dust this am...Don McGahn...part of Donny's WH Counsel...hmmm...this before the release of the impending doom of the Mueller Probe...as McGahn testified, under oath, mind you, to the Mueller blokes...which brings me to this...have you ever wondered what that really means, 'under oath?'...didn't Kavanaugh and Dr Ford BOTH testify 'under oath?'...one of them was lying...what's the penalty?...

Speaking of lying...'Lyin' Ted Cruz...is in a battle in Texas to keep his Senatorial seat...that offensive nickname was given to him by Donny in the battle for the Repub Prez spot, right?...boys will be boys...and Ted has since endorsed Trump...no harm, no foul...I guess...shoot, in the final debate in the Lone Star State, his opponent called him that Lyin' thang again...it's an evil business them boys are in...

I was wondering when the owners of the NFL would address the item of the now moved to LaLa Chargers...the league has been subsidizing them ever since they bolted from San Diego...playing in a 27,000 seat soccer stadium...and the crowd, is mostly the opponent's...Los Angeles doesn't care for them...so, the owners want to move them...back?...it's now just in the talk phase...get this...the Chargers have a home game in...London...this weekend...

That song...man, it was used in the movie starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan...'You've Got Mail'...but, I haven't seen that flick in years...just can't peg why I have it spinning in my head...I think that was a one hit wonder for Billy...however, I did research it a bit more...and happened on a splendid record...er, CD...or a whatever they are now...The Very Best of Nat King Cole...who covered the song, too...well, I might add....and the rest of the tracks are simply....beautiful...

Thanks for reading (and humming along)  with me today...

Comments