THE Fires

Summer in the city...and it's HOT HOT HOT!...for the time we have been here in SoCal, this is the hottest it's been...and so much humidity, too...not my fav...TG for AC...well, going right along with this, is how dry our area is...hmmm, up and down the west coast, I reckon...there are two fires going on in Cali right now...the Redding inferno...and now, one east of LA...listen, there is not much to burn, so they travel FAST!...thus, hard to control...and worse, yet, they probably were set...by a sicko...

The pre-season NFL got going this week...of course, we still have the kneelers and fist pumpers...during the playing of the anthem...much to the dismay of Donny...who, of course, called them out...reminder he wants them suspended and worse for the action...stay in your lane, DJT...anyhoo...I did gander at a few of them games last eve...and 3 takeaways...the NY Giants pick of the RB Saquon Barkley, will flourish...and the Brown's QB Baker Mayfield, has a real shot at it...and the mighty Titans...the 1st group, ala Marcus Mariota, were sharp sharp sharp...however, I know nothing and if you are in a FF league with me, you KNOW that's the truth...

Our victorious Padres return to San Diego for a 7 game homestand...host the Phillies first...can the O continue it's latest path?...some bloke in our building is selling his tix for Saturday nite...Omni Clubbers...I will check with the flower gal, to see if it can work...

The PGA...in Saint Looey...my son is on his way there now...I am in a pool that if Rickie wins, I win some putting gizmo...and he is in 2nd going to day 2...TNT or TBS, one of them...is carrying the golf on the pixels...and doesn't start til 11 am...boooooo...we missed all of Tiger, Lefty, Rory, Justin, and Rickie's rounds...the entire half of the field...boooooo....

The Manafort trial...is said to be coming to a close...started with a bang, I suppose...they are going to lock him up, for (allegedly) hiding over $15 million bucks from the IRS...something like that...now, I have heard of no deals to this date...ah hem, for talking about you know who....am I missing something?...

You like your Guinness?...well now, the company, er brewery, has opened up in the USA...not only in Dublin, but now in Maryland...TT, are you hearing this?...

So we watched the Country Fest...ah ha, certainly, not the Hippie Fest...and here's what bothered me...most of the bands and sangers...were guys...where were the gals?...other than Carrie and Kelsea...that was it...a realization of country radio, too...

My closing for the day...Supreme Court Judge Ginsberg...says she wants to go on for another 5 years in the job...what?...she could barely keep her head up at the last state of the Union...address...

Hmmm....

Comments

Popular Posts