Reality Check

For some odd reason, I have been reading myself to nitesville...turn off the pixels, 'sleep' the computer, silence my iPhone...my latest?...is this book on the LBJ/McNamara trip thru the Vietnam War...might be a bit too technical...exact dates and all...I guess to prove to the reader, the authenticity...

Thus far...JFK had great reservations about Vietnam and it's leadership...and...before Kennedy was assassinated...the South Vietnam President was dethroned...that WE had a hand in the coup of the South Vietnam leader in '63...orchestrated by Henry Cabot Lodge...egads...what we didn't know...

After the deaths of both those leaders, LBJ took over the reins in the USA...and RADICALLY changed the direction that we were going in Vietnam...that Johnson, was a very insecure man...let me, say that again...INSECURE...needed 'yes men' to surround him...got rid of many of Kennedy's people, within 6 months...and filled his arsenal with 'his types'...and he felt that McNamara was the 'boss'...as we entered the worst era of time in my generation...

I'm bracing myself for more information that will leave me thoroughly disgusted...oh yea, the book is titled 'Dereliction of Duty' by H. R. McMaster...wonder if his keyboard is ready for act II?...ah, the Donny version...

Other...

We had date night over at the ball park...Omni Seats...now, we didn't know this until I talked to owner of them seats...you enter thru the Omni Hotel...which skips the 'common man's entry'...a private port, if you will, and we will...which you use coming and going...the seats are right behind home plate...terrific!...allow us to eat in the Omni Food area...all in all, an A-...the minus?...well, it is THE Padres...lost 5-1...boo...

How about the PGA!...Brooks Koepka has a 2 stroke lead going into the final round today...many blokes so close, ie Tiger...and Rickie...and Justin...Adam Scott has re-emerged onto the scene...where is Lefty?...still trying to stop his ball from going down the slope, I reckon...good viewings today, kids...

Your Prez...oh my...ticked that his former advisee, I guess...and former Celebrity Apprentice gal, Omarosa...has written a 'tell all' book, featuring Donny...got down and dirty when he decided to call her 'a low life'...such a sweet man...

Just a small wonder here...but think there is any chance in the world, that Donny will be in the White House today?...as there is a scheduled 'White Civil Rights' rally in DC...I think he said last year, at the event...there WERE protestors, duh!...'that there are good people on both sides'...

And this from the NY Post...the grooviest trend for the summer?...tie-dye...well, I have known this for years, I tell ya...

Time for the Trib and the millionth attempt at the super Suduko....which I have never figured out...

Now THAT'S a scary pix...

Comments