National Bourbon Day

Egads, I am totally amiss...as the Horse forgot...National Bourbon Day...what?...yes, kids, it was yesterday...I did not celebrate it...I got a reprimand from the Jim Beam bottling company, late last night...they had scoured my blog and found NO mention of the special occasion...yes, and had put me on notice...here's the deal...I was awaiting my shipment of the very new, Bob Dylan Bourbon...that is coming in today...just threw me off schedule...I will rebound and do it right, JB...

The inconsistent, yet consistent, Padres...lost another first game of a series...even though, we have come back to win 5 straight...the first one is bewildering...in Hotlanta...yes, we had multiple chances to get the W...but, it was NOT in the cards...get this...it is the 8th straight loss to them, at their pad...here?...we get them...guess home court advantage prevails when we play the Braves (grrr)...duh...

We are off to the Del Mar Fair today...culminating with a concert (again?)...this time it is one of our favs...Little Big Town...'Day Drinking', to do the honoring of the aforementioned NBD...with some BD, if it arrives prior to us departing, if not, JB will suffice...not sure if we are driving, taking the Coaster, or going by Lyft...but we WILL get there...

I am THE guy that hates...wait, did I say HATE?...the constant use of the social media by our Prez...by Tweeting...it is beneath the office of the leader of the country...to state innocuous things via this...case in point, to retort to what someone says, like Robert DeNiro, is an absolute JOKE...someone should clue the guy in...but I fear if they do, they'll get fired...well, they will fear that...

Nearly a clown course...Shinnecock...in NY...as the Open has begun, and most of the PROS are staggering to finish...the rough?...OK, can be disastrous...but the unfairness, is the hardness, er firmness, of the greens...yes, they have to adapt...but as a fan, I don't like to watch the train wreck of the best players in the world, play whatever game this has turned into...but I do...shake my head...and think that 8 over for a round is OK...nope, in my game, yes...for them dudes, nope...however, it appears that nothing will derail Dustin Johnson, who may run away with this...

Here we go...without the endorsement of the Congress, there are only so many things that this POTUS can do...one of them, is to alter our trade throughout the world...bingo...as he has established a 25% increase in tariff on $50 billion dollars trade with China...lawdy, what do we have now that isn't made in China, I ask you?...China, of course, is going to retaliate....and the target for them?...our grains of the midwest...stay tuned, this is just beginning...

Salmonella...you know the thing that sickens us...like I went thru when I was in Borrego Springs...does it appear that it is happening more often?...the latest?...in a cereal, Honey Smacks...I dunno...

OK, time to turn on the pixels and watch the Open...try to find me buds, roaming around the grounds...FORE!...




Comments

Popular Posts