Extended Weekend?

There are those out there in the fake world, that have started this Saturday as the extended weekend...going to incorporate the 4th of July in...shoot, might as well include the following Sat & Sun, too...while they are at it...let's call this the weekend of all weekends...June 30 thru July 8...take it off!...fire up the barbie...slap on the burgers...schedule a trip to Vegas ( we have)...get a new batch of them stogies...pop the can of the 805...what am I missing?...nuttin, honey...

Beisbol, I guess I am missing...and apple pie...well, get this...the predictable Padres lost the home opener to the Pittsburgh Pirates last eve...this is the pattern...losing 18 of the last 19 first games, in the last 19 series...egads, now THAT is a pattern...disgusting...really...but, a reality...nothing fake here...

There is a bloke ( maybe a babe?) who never misses putting his (her?) flag out every am...and takes it down every eve...ah, the USA one...across the way from us, in the high rise we face...the Horizon...there we go, another Patriotic mention...

Here, at the home, we celebrate the 4th with a gala party...in our common area...it is truly festive, and cuz I am retired from doing any cooking at it...we will enjoy the time much more...BTW, we also have included, an unveiling of the pride of the Pinnacle People...selected portraits and pictures that the members have taken...the 'committee chooses the best ones, and then blow them up'...display them in the hall of fame on the way to the common area...of course, last year my pix was past over...didn't include the building in the shoot...'follow the rules, Horse'...this time I did, and I expect to passed over, yet again...I'm sure 'they' have a vendetta against me work...that MUST be it...

In the extended week, there has to be mention of fried chicken...I mean, who doesn't like that?...other than Vegetarians, or Pescatarians, or Chickens themselves...I digress...but me goal...with the aide of the Mackles (you up for this, BJ and TT?)...meet and create the ultimate fried chicken...your place or ours...dig up the best recipe...do the dirty work...and...establish a new, make that NEW tradition...let's find a good time in our extended weekend to do this...let me know, kids...

Fireworks!...how about a slamming weekend for Tiger Woods...after me mention of him losing his putting...he found it, and shot a 65 yesterday...can that continue on this short weekend?...the golfing world (except cheating Lefty) would go bonkers...today, we will see if it is real, or fake...

GG, can you believe a bloke can get into the White House, Tweet his big heart out about FAKE NEWS and be somewhat believable?...there are mentions out there, that he is a shoo-in for the next election, too...OMG!...Demos, get your ACT together...this can't be...wake me up...it must be a nightmare...

The one thang missing from this extended weekend is the heat, my Gawd, the heat...at least here in SoCal...we want to bask in it...tan up our bods...swim in the 82* pool...right?...

Food for thought...egads, another awful saying...but not nearly as bad as what follows...according to the 'Business Insider', there have been 154 mass shootings in the USA thus far this year...think we don't need to limit the gun sales?...find some politicians that would actually stand up to the NRA?...here is my fear...we have none...and the only thing that they have for us, are their 'thoughts and prayers'....really, really sad...

Is it so far out of line, that students who go to school, wear bullet proof vests?...

Dang if I didn't take you down a dark path...sorry...let's get happy...

I'm in the dark about the 'deadline' of player movement in the NBA...supposedly was to be done yesterday...all I could see, is that the players declared to be free agents...is there another 'deadline' that I don't know what it means, out there?...obviously so...where are these dudes signing?...

Yes, in the cheery moments of the 4th of July...there are an abundant amount of concerts to go to...we have chosen one...Mariah Carey...good choice?...we shall see...

Fried chicken recipe people, send them my way!


Comments

Popular Posts