Scooter Wars

They may NOT be in your area, er city...yet...make that YET...but, they are probably coming...the hotly debatable ELECTRIC SCOOTERS...there are 3 major companies that have begun the phenomena...I guess that is what you would call it...LimeBike appears to be the largest of the 3...I have included a US map of where they are today...

Good or bad?...as most, meaning 99% of the renters...are without a helmet...well, I have NEVER seen one with...the cost is $1 to activate the scooter, and 15 cents a minute...they can go as fast as 20 mph...and MOST riders either use the sidewalks, or meander thru the cars on the roadways...imagine...there is an accident just waiting to happen...

So many peops lurve the convenience of the thingers...especially the ability to get from here to there, quickly...at a cheap rate...and it takes but a minute to download the app...ah yes, modern technology and the use of the cell phone...just try to take them away, now...

Well, THAT is exactly what has been going on...they just appear!...the ownership decides on a targeted area...send a text message to the powers to be, such as the Mayor...we are coming...VOILA!...you now have scooters...what permit?...they must have made millions of 'em...of course, they were manufactured in China...duh...

Now, I can sure see the benefit on the college campuses...getting around is many times lengthy and time consuming...I would def use them...there...right?...

The word is out...as DC has 'em now...and the Post is spreading the word...Nashville has banned them after an accident...Seattle (the first spot to have them) is in question...LA is questioning the use of...many colleges have them at their disposal....hey, the Horse is firmly on the fence on this...seeings, I have yet to rent one...

I voted yesterday...good lawd, who ARE all these people?...there are some races that have like 20 entries...geez, like the Kentucky Derby...even with the voter's pamphlet, who can figure these races out?...so I either voted party line, or not at all...in some cases...just being honest...which is very difficult, as I am an independent...smile...

Not sure if I heard this right...but didn't Trump refer to the dilemma as 'bigger than Watergate?'...it can't be the 'Witch Hunt' can it?...call me confused...

Shootings...headlines today...one at the Trump Golf Course in Florida...and the other at a high school in Texas...maybe, just maybe, one day...the USA will alter it's stance on rapid fire guns...on the other hand, probably not...so frustrating and sad, at the same time...'our thoughts and prayers'...oh my...

Changing the mood a bit...POTUS lurves to Tweet, as you know...want a HOOT?...just after he lets out one of his Twitter blurbs...punch on it and read the comments...there are like a million...expressing just what THEY think of him...listen, there are many in favor...I'm not kiddin' ya...but most, ARE NOT!...

Been awhile that sports has not been carried here on the Horse...so...the mighty Pads fumbled, and bumbled their way through a game one loss in Pitt...dang, just as they passed the highly thought of, LaLa Bums in the standings...the Rockets evened the series with the Warriors, in a romp in Houston...off to Alameda for number 3...Boston can win in Cleveland?...I keep hearing the 'will to win by LeBron'...we will see...

The 2nd leg of the Hosses Triple Crown, the Preakness is this Saturday...can Justify get number 2?...the weather is to be?...Hdcp Andy and I are going to figure it all out over at Strider's...join us for a rollicking grand time...

Also on Saturday is the Royal Wedding...you gonna watch it?...of course you are...and I am really impressed with Meghan Markle's decision on who is going to walk her down the aisle...for the most part, she is going it alone, well, with her bridesmaids...for a brief time, Prince Charles will walk her...then he will step back, and let her go alone...at the end...cool...

You an American Idol fan?...the 3 finalists have released 'singles'...prior to the final show...so, I checked them out on iTunes...and one thing stood out...my fav of the 3, has had many other songs released...she has been there before, so to speak...I have no idea how the votes work out...usually, the guy guitar bloke wins...probably again...but, Gabby, has a real future...

The last two days, I have had an extraordinary number of hits...I THANK YOU, and hope you continue to read me...

There you go, the Horse speaketh...remember Snooki, I want pictures...


Comments

Popular Posts