Groundswell

The March was significant...as the youth of the Nation spoke out...and there were no better words than this 'We want change or we will vote YOU out!' ...spoken by a survivor of the HS shootings in Parkland, Florida, Delaney Tarr...as millions of people MARCHED yesterday in support of gun law changes...the sea of people in DC was extraordinary...and was also carried out in cities and towns EVERYWHERE!...yea, I'm sure the NRA and their benefactors turned their collective heads the other way...listen, there is just a few years until these kids...become eligible to VOTE...your time is coming...there will be change my friends...

Netflix has a 6 hour documentary on the rise and fall of the infamous Rajneeshpuram...the Bhagwan...er, Osho...whatever he was to be called...in the middle of the state of Oregon, just outside of Antelope...Wild, Wild Country...absolutely a fascinating docu that is a must to see...as told by the members of each side of the issue...ie, the reported 2nd in command of the group, Sheila...now a resident of Switzerland...I have my thoughts about it all...but...I'll wait until you say yours...

Cinderella...oh my...no better example than the Loyola of Chicago in the mens Big Dance...a final 4 team...Michigan moved into the foursome, too...today the others earn their way in...the biggee for moi, is the Kansas/Duke winner...not sure if I win the bracket, but I gots to be close if the Jayhawks get the W...

On the gals side, the Ducks moved on...as did UConn...that means 3 of the elite 8 are from the Pac 12...congrats to the league...and to the teams that are still in the hunt...UConn plays South Carolina prior to any of the west coasters...maybe, the Gamecocks will upset 'em...

Some bragging rights today...for some reason, I kept tally of my bets yesterday at the off track...I dunno why...just cause...and I hit on 17/25 of my wagers...!...yup, won some bucks...as I only played across the board, or...win/place...maybe I can be a professional at this...ha ha....NOT!...very lucky day...

Nostalgia...one of my former players posted a pix of the team he was on via Facebook...Mark Friess...and what he could remember of the stuff I drilled into their heads, ha ha...loved this team...as they were a high scoring lot, but had some difficulties defensively (see the present PDX Blazers)...so we tried to outscore everyone...extremely fun to coach...I think we still have the record for the most points scored in a game for the state...I recall looking up at the scoreboard, and it was 100-100 with SIX minutes to go in the game...yup, lost and were eliminated from the playoffs...but, man, did this group give it's all...

More probs for the Golden State Warriors...Steph Curry came back from his ankle injury...was having a fine game...and then collided with a teammate, and down he went again...reportedly out 3 more weeks...this team is doomed...for the season...too many injuries...and that continues on...the other 3 all stars are OUT, still....no way...

Make sure you set your 'taping' for 60 Minutes tonight...I'm sure you don't want to miss the Stormy interview by Anderson Cooper...wonder if Prez T will be watching?...or, Melania?...now THIS is news worthy...

That family in Mexico that died... the report was of gas asphyxiation...lord...not exactly sure why we all go into that country for 'vacations'...WE don't...but many others, do...

OK, today is the day that we are supposed to get our Beamer...haven't heard a word from them...the odds are now jumping to 100 to 1...something seems a bit amiss, don't you think?...I do...

Hope your day is a great one...


Comments

Popular Posts