68 in the Big Dance

The bracket is to be completed today...some call it 'March Madness'...and in it, will be SIXTY-EIGHT college and university hoops squads...listen teams, if you get snubbed, you are like 69th or 70th in the nation...no snub...and there you go...filled with the power conferences...some get like 8 in...tricky, monetary fiasco, if you ask me...

I like that the conference tourney champs get an auto entry...haven't they always?...but like our San Diego St Aztecs, for example...won the Mountain West T!...but, would not have been in, otherwise...the top team, Nevada, will get in due to its overall record...so that means POOF to some other power conference 'bubble team'...one of their squads, that has like 10+ losses...but had quality wins along the way...if it smells to you, it does to me, too...

The $100,000 kid at Arizona...and his coach...are bouncing their way into the T, too...Sean Miller, the coach, gets to parade up and down the sideline...even though, the FBI has him on tape...agreeing to allocate that aforementioned amount of cash to the dude...to get him into his program...the NCAA is turning their heads for this...does it smell to you?...oh yea, they won the Pac 12 T...and yes, the kid is THAT good...still...

The number one seed in the nation will probably be Virginia...who beat UNC for the ACC title...a ball control machine...that works the D, terrifically...too...but...the pace is horrific...and he hasn't won the big prize since he has arrived on the scene there...listen, I am rarely right since the UCLA days of domination...but I like the Jayhawks...

So, as the bracket is released and you fill it out...remember this as a guide...pick colors, or flip a coin, or ask your spouse, or ask your concierge, or, well, you get me drift...it is a wide open affair...

Other...

The PGA Tour event in Tampa...some bloke from Canada is leading...but, behind by one stroke is...Tiger...if you are socked in by your weather...you will probably be watching the Wood spectacle...can he pull it out?...who knows, but the interest is there...

In time, the Prez is supposed to be able to get better at speeches, right?...I saw just some of his campaign stuff for the dude from Pennsylvania...and it was downright awful...am I biased?...no, just observant...

The trend continues...more stores a closing...Toys R Us on the way out...where are you going to go for your youngins?...hmmm, Walmart, still...and online...just not the same, is it...my boy, went crazy for the Toys R Us catalog, just prior to Xmas...gone...

This is from right field but...I have two types of watches I like...one that is perpetually moving...from the sun, or from you moving your wrist...and the one that has you charge it every nite...but, I get frustrated with the battery ones...is the high dollar Rolex a battery watch?...obviously, I don't have one...wait, I have a Folex from Tijuana, like from 30 years ago...yes, I still have it...

I can't help it...but the Bachelor boy was a complete bust...he is and was an embarrassment to the gender...can't imagine them gals falling for him...

It rained so hard around here yesterday, that I swear I saw Noah floating by....oh yea, Sammi hated the squatty trips out in it, too...would SPRINT back into the building...she told me, she didn't move down here to be in this type of weather....

How long will it take before you won't know who Hope Hicks was, er what she did in the White House?...

Can you have more than 5 close friends?...I mean, really close?...or is that number too high?...hmmm, what do I clarify as 'close?'....there you go, the thought for the day....

Prez T must be worried about Oprah...as he continues to bring her name up....is this the sign she has been looking for?...a little competition that emerges into a big one...

Yea so...we were to get our new Beamer yesterday...and I got a text message to call our Agent prior to coming into the dealership...there was an 'issue'...WTF?...there were two new ones that were getting detailed...one was ours...and the other one, backed into it...put a dinger in the driver door...alas...I was given a choice...wait for the fix on it...or order another one, that would take another 2 months...after talking with a gaggle of my really 'close' friends (see above), I, er we, decided to take this one...after it gets the ding out...I can't make this stuff up...

Did you set your clocks forward?...why do we have to do this every year?...can't we just stay on daylight savings time always?...I'd rather have time after 5 to do things...

And you think I'm only a pretty face...I can think, too....




Comments

Popular Posts