The Snow Dance

I know lots of you out there have been doing the SNOW DANCE!...a mid February happening...OK, I jested that it did so here, too...naw...but, it was dang cold last eve...witness me North Face coat and stocking cap as I took the dawg out for her nightly ritual...alas, no snow...hey, it is said to be a high of 59*!...

The All Star Game...it was different...and better...starting with the selection of teams...the old school picks...having the two top vote getters as the captains and pickers...LeBron James and Steph Curry...and this worked...as the players gave a much better effort...the game was decided by a hoop...with Curry's team needing a 3 ball to tie, and the James team playing terrific D in stopping them at the buzzer...

Specifics...LeBron is clearly the best hoopster in the land...a reason for his nickname in that game, 'The King'...and whatever he says he has followers...he is class...and, at the age of 34, he is still in a small elite field of guys...which includes Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving...the next level down is the likes of Curry, Embiid, Westbrook, well, others...as I have said for quite a while, Steph is soft...

Fergie...oh my...in the annals of all time worst renditions of the Star Spangled Banner...the one that comes to mind, was Roseanne's screeching attempt at it...she was mocking it, I think...Fergie, was trying to sexualize it...hmmm, she will now gain more popularity...isn't that how it works?...

The LaLa Open at Riviera...OK, they named it after the sponsor, the Genesis Open...is that a Kia car?...one of my golfing buds, wonders why the Koreans used the 'KIA' as their name for that car...'killed in action'...hmmm....anyway, did you know that for almost 2 decades this was called the Glen Campbell Open?...who recently died this past year...'Wichita Lineman', right?...many stars sponsored golf tournaments back in the day....Andy Williams, Bob Hope, Dinah Shore, to name a few off the top of my head...isn't Justin Timberlake doing one now?...

The winner was Bubba...Bubba Watson...been two years since his last win...and it was this event that he did it...actually his 3rd time...he drove the ball marvelously and putted as well...there you go, the recipe for success...and he burst out with tears as he sank the winning putt...it was cool...and he has been so frustrated, that he debated retirement...a win solved his problems...

We headed out to Jimmy's Famous for their Sunday Brunch...great spot on the other side of the airport...and it was SLAMMED!...we sat at the bar, and I had a fantasmo Bloody Mary...as good as there is...and ordered the 'Bubba'...oh my...fried chicken, bacon, egg, cheese, and a secret sauce on a home made biscuit...with tater tots...I could not even get close to finishing it...Marsh had a salmon salad...if you are from around here, go!...

This is a holiday...right?...President's Day...
I dunno kids...somehow, the recent situations diminishes it ....shouldn't as there have been some great leaders in our past...gonna have to push through it...who were your favorites?...Lincoln and FDR for sure...Kennedy was in power for so short a time...man, I really respected Obama...you history buffs have yours I'm sure...





Remember the coincidences with the assassinations of Lincoln and Kennedy and their aftermath?...highly publicized and eerie...and FDR, leading us through the extreme times of the Depression and the WWII...


Well there you go...are there others I should be adding?...

Hey, have a great day...the weather throughout the land, is cool...and by that, I mean COLD!...

I went back to the beginning of me blog...my first post was on September 10, 2008...what?...and that was about the time that we moved to San Diego...so, some missing numbers, that I have guessed on for some time...we have been here 9+ years...Sammi, our dawg is about 10+...and...I can't believe I have kept this up...thanks for following me...I hope I make your day a bit brighter...

Comments

Popular Posts