The Golden Globes

'Relax, they tell ya...have a drink or two'...this is the mantra of the first of the most important award shows for the pretty people...The Golden Globes...the predecessor to the Academy and Emmy Awards...they sit at round tables...laugh, joke, trade gossip...and generally, sweat out their chances at one of the prize statues...

However...this time will be the legendary one...hosted by the not so hidden, Prez T hater...Seth Myers...and I do mean hater...his monologues on his talk show are filled with spew on Trump...we expect more of the same...couple that with the Weinstein dilemma...he has his opening bit, all taken care of...the ladies?...wearing black...in protest...ah yes, this will be a doozy...

Am I gonna watch?...why, of course I am...think about this...in most other countries, what he will say (probably will say) would get him time in the slammer...maybe worse...to talk about the POTUS in a negative way, is a right that this USA allows...strap yourself in...and maybe it will be funny...my personal sidelight, is that I find him not so, more annoying...

Titans WIN!...what?...9 point dogs...down 21-3 at halftime...and getting drilled...that oft mentioned part of sports (and politics), MOMENTUM, switched...Tennessee got it...and buoyed by a Mariota to Mariota TD pass...what you say?...his pass was knocked out of the hands of his receiver, and Marcus caught it on the rebound and dove into the end zone...a couple of TD's later and the Titans move on...this is sweet...yes, I was proudly wearing my number 8 at the off track...

In the other game of the day in the NFL wild carders...the LA Rams were whupped by the Atlanta Falcons...POOF, there went the air out of LaLa...but...me thinks that Atlanta is a real good squad...Rams ain't bad...

Lots of talk in the area about the better play of the USD hoops...oh my...watched 'em for the first time last eve...they were at St Mary's...the perennial champ of the league...and no...I mean NO!...they are not any better than in the past, kids...in fact, worse, than in the years prior...huge amounts of turnovers...and their direction was questionable...sorry, but NO!...

Lavar Ball...you know him by now...unfortunately...let out this gem from Lithuania...where he is stabled, to get his two other sons playing time...gotta leave the country to do so, apparently...lambasted the coach of the LaLa Lakers, Luke Walton...how Luke had lost control of the team...hmmm, seems that the Ball guy, has said the same thing about ALL the coaches his kids have played for...man, I get it...I had a whole gaggle of them one season...dads just like Lavar...frustrated old men, that lived thru their kid...

Hard to believe this...but we are expecting 3 straight days of rain!...what?...seriously needed...but if you looked out this am...you'd be questioning the forecast...

Marsh dug up the book I wrote, like 11 or 12 years ago...I was rereading it...I don't recall much of what I put in it...ha ha...

Longevity...what we all want...right?...96 year old actress Betty White...says part of her secret is Vodka and barbecued hot dogs...in that order...works for moi...geez, my dad lasted until the 90's, too...and he had ham and eggs, often...no booze, tho...maybe he would have lasted longer...

Powerball jackpot hit for $570 million bucks...the winner is from New England...just when I was thinking  about entering a $2 buck bet...

Is this just me?...but let's just hope we don't have to watch the KFam at the Golden Globes...enough already!!!!!

The games today...Buffalo at Jax...aren't they all happy it's in Florida rather than NY?...and the other, Carolina at N'Orleans...who ya got?...

Gotta find me rain coat...maybe an umbrella...




Comments

Popular Posts