Happy New Year!

How'd you ring in the newest of the years?...2018...we had a problem, Houston...we started early...as we ventured out to Callaway to pick up our shipment of wine...you know, we are CLUB members...lah tee dah...and...after an extended tasting time...and 4 more bottles to tote home...let's just say, it is very fortunate that it is walking distance home...

Watching the east coast, in particular, Manhattan...do the New Year thing sufficed...lawdy, it was coooollld there...tried to stay up for all the 'ball dropping' thinger...did so with CNN and their doofus hosts...but, ABC and Fox, did a delay bit for us west coasters...boo...thus, did NOT see the infamous Mariah Carey song...or, Britney's rendition of her past hit, for that matter...boo...thus, can't do the Horse review on either of them...

Will say that, there was so much noise at midnight here in the Q, that it did awake us...these party animals...imagine, here at the home...the partiers were clanging their canes against their walkers...too much for the Horse...

Regardless, it is the start of a new year...I'm a wondering how many of my watches say 1 on them for the calendar...and yes, as much as I procrastinate and say I won't...I will do the resolution thing...here is mine...situps and pushups every day...and work out thrice a week...cut back on lunches...things that I CAN DO!...yup, I will start today...what, if any, are yours?...do share...maybe I can use them...too...

The Titans are IN THE PLAYOFFS!...yes, albeit the wild card...but, who the heck cares how...this is a big deal for Mariota!  and all Duck fans...their match is versus KC...a chance...and almost as good...that eliminated the Spanos Chargers!!!...hate that bastard...man, I have been saying that word a lot...I am sorry, but not for calling Spanos a bastard...TENNESSEE!...

This is also the time that many of the franchises make moves...er, fire their head coach...cuz, they didn't make the playoffs...I call this the silly season...no matter what you all say, you have to have quality players to WIN...it's the GM's that should get the axe...not the coaches...says me...so far, Chicago, Indy, and Oakland, canned theirs...I'm sure there are more to come...the silly season...

FOG here...what the heck?...and it is coolllddd...like 55*...witness me stocking cap, that I tote during the night walk...where is my 70* stuff?...out at the GC, it gets down to like 39* in the am...when I tee off...but that is diff from here...30 minutes due east...

Yes, this is the day, that separates the winners and the losers for the bowl pix...Saturday's games did me in...lost all 4...and need a miracle of correct, er lucky, games...not holding on to much hope...

What was that reference to 'adult diapers' in the interviews of the party goers...in Times Square...???...that can't mean?...egads, that would be the worst, er the smelliest...can't imagine...

We listened to some vintage vinyl again yesterday...Sinatra, Mathis, and Streisand...if you haven't looked into a new turntable...maybe give it a try...it is so rich and rewarding...maybe start yourself on a new hobby...finding old 33's and treasuring them...good stuff...

This, my good friends, is the first post of 2018...let's make it a great year!

Comments

Popular Posts