Everyone Has A Story

As I look out of our windows...gazing at the multitudes of vertical housing that we live in...it's like being a part of many communities...so many people in a small area...that probably used to be holed up in a house...perhaps in a gated area...with grass, and roofs, and their own siding, and on and on...big space that one could put all their things...their own garages, to harbor not only their rigs, but more stuff...and now?...that's all gone...

Well, for us mere mortals it is...there are those who still have one or two...probably in Arizona...or, well, if you gots the cash, you may be from anywhere...right?...but most of us...have done a priority...and condensed our living space to the condo life...somewhere between 1,000 and 2,000 square feet...if you are still in a house, could you do this?...

The stories are pretty much all the same who move their life into one...how much stuff they had accumulated over time...that they either never use or need...most of us, have a small storage area...and believe me, it is small...like for me extra golf clubs and Xmas ornaments and lighting...the essentials...ha ha...and they almost all say the exact same thing...'it is so life changing!'...

Yes, you pretty much walk everywhere...restaurants, bars, parks, coffee shops...the bay...the airport is 5 minutes away...the baseball park, Petco, is 8 blocks away...the list goes on...and Marsh walks 5 blocks to her real estate office...to say, this is all convenient...is an understatement...geez, the off track betting parlor is 2 blocks away...

But, my statement is this...Everyone Has A Story...the inhabitants all come from housing from another area...witness the amounts of people, that Marsh deals with, who want to relocate here...and or retire, here...listen kids, it is not cheap...a 1 bedroom and 1 parking, are beginning at $350,000...you heard me right...starting...and the 2 and 2, lets just say you are in the lows at $700,000 on up...thus...they have to have MONEY to live here...er, at least HAD...ha ha...

Missing in all of these condos...are kids...there are a few...but really, it is an adult community...anyway, as I look out...there are so many peops just like us...

Back in time...when I was teaching...one of the most repeated lines I would hear...'I hate math'...yup, that is what I taught...mostly...and I would try to break that down...saying it is like a religion...if you believe the basic principles of it, all else makes sense...so...don't miss the first couple of weeks...it's true...and I also tried to integrate the subject into real life...the use and all...

However, there were times that I'd go off the subject...when I could see that either they or I were (was?) bored...and give this Horse truism...'that everyone here has something they are good at...it may not be a mathematician, but it could be a writer, or, sports person, or hairdresser...you get my drift...something...it may not be evident right now...but, it's your quest to find it...in life...so hang in there...and keep searching....it is out there....'...I wonder how many of my students remember this?...every once in a while, and I would have a former student remind me of the talk...

You know, they had to hear that from someone...used to be the clergy...may still be...could be from their parents...maybe from a friend...someone and somewhere...

Other...

Here is what I got for the NFL playoffs today...do NOT bet 'em...the Vikings over the Eagles...and the Pats over the Jags...I am notoriously wrong on these picks over the years...sad, but true...a prognosticator, I am not...

The Cavs continue on their downward spiral...getting obliterated at home by the underproducing Thunder...BTW, OKC may have awakened...and may post a threat to Golden St after all...there are rumors that LeBron James may want his coach removed...again...such a sweetheart...listen, they are old and can't defend...or don't care to...oh yea, the Warriors got beat at Houston...hmmm...their 14 game winning streak on the road is over...duh...

Let's be clear...the women of this country are letting their feelings out...judge by the marches yesterday...and no, Prez T, it was not for the anti-abortion...I think it was cuz of...you...the SAG Awards tonight...more of the same...

Yup, the government is SHUT DOWN...how is that gonna affect you?...well, take this in...the Air Force Academy has canceled all their athletic games until further notice...just a teaser as to what will come next...your Senators at work for the common man and woman of this country...!!!...get your act together and find a way...so disgusting...

Rumor mill...the 2nd Amazon HDQ...is hinted to be in the DC area...there you go...straight from the Horse's mouth...

And this...we had a celebratory dinner at Fleming's last eve....and my good friends, it was exemplary...terrific service, as well as terrific food...highly recommend...and yes, kids, we walked there...

Finally...played golf in the cold yesterday...and I was NOT prepared...it actually hailed on us a bit...wait, in San Diego?...you heard me right...and when we were on the furthest point away from the club house, a dude I was playing with said this, 'lightning strike nearby' flashed on his phone...for those who know me, I am terrified by the lightning...we made it thru 9 holes and I BOLTED....

Sunday it is...


Comments

Popular Posts