Crazee

In all my years of guzzling beer...I am of age...I've gone through preferences as well as anyone...here's a fact that most can't fathom...I didn't have a beer until I was 21...really...my dad gave me a taste of his...like when I was a teenybopper, as he was having the ONLY one I ever remember him having...as he was watching a weekend boxing match...and I hated it!...probably pretty smart on his part...

But, I caught up with everyone pretty fast after...my twenties...my first?...Old English 800...yes, my good friends, I got violently ill from that...and delayed my imbibing a bit...until I had a tap beer...Miller's...at Samar's...in Salem, Orygun...coupled with fresh popcorn that Sarge would serve...how about that for a memory?...it was a new sensation...

The list arose quickly...Hamm's, Olympia, Blitz, and Budweiser...but, in that state, a unique thing was the law...a Colorado beer, Coors, couldn't be purchased due to the non-pasteurization of it...thus, it was coveted by me and all me buds...a trip to Washington or California was gold...golden...cuz, you always bought a case to bring back to share with EVERYONE...it's true...it was sold there...

One of my great memories that I have about the Coors...Marsh and I took off on a SoCal trip during spring break...in our VW Camper Van...made it all the way to Orland...as I stopped by a small market to get some Coors cans...a tall 6 pack...pulled into the RV Park...and set up the site...unraveled the kitchen table...for you who know about them VDoubs, it was a special moment...opened up the cooler and popped open one of them Coors...sat back and said 'ah, this is the good life!'...a true statement...Marsh looked at me, with daggers in her eyes, and was no longer smitten with me...

Time marches on...we even went through a spell that we made our very own beer...you heard that right...there was a place that you could do that...a Heferveisen...something like that...as peops were into different tastes of beer...we called ours 'Darmeister', after our Pommie....and actually gave quarts away for Xmas...talk about class...we had it all over us...

Now...there are these things called 'Growlers'...that many use for transporting their 'micro-beers'...seems like everyone is now making their own...yup, it is the thing...you may even have one...not moi, yet...

Anyway, there is this study out by some beer yahoos...that did their survey to list the top 3 in the land...this makes sense, as we always want to know who number one is in the USA...right?...here are the results....

3-  Miller Lite....2-  Coors Lite (now available in Orygun)...and, drum roll please...the most favorite beer in the land?...Bud Light...geez...that's what the Horse prefers, too...

Comments

Popular Posts