Unbelievable

BREAKING!!! The Thomas Fire is now approaching the cities of Montecito and Santa Barbara!!! Get out now...this is Hell on Earth...

I can't make this stuff...up...we were in a celebration mode for the birth date of our child...hmmm, no longer a baby...nonetheless...off we went to the beach for lunch...the weather was UNBELIEVABLE...mid 70's and near perfect...

Top down on the Beamer...and were cruising about...and lo and behold, found a parking spot a block away from our destination...it's a Festivus Miracle!...had to inspect the rental unit that he owns...perfect...then, we went over and rented bikes for a jaunt down the board walk in Mission Beach...

Our destination?...a rooftop restaurant that featured sushi and what my choice of choices would be, loco moco...pictured here, is one of the sites along the way...all decked out for the season...yes, we celebrate Xmas just like you do...

Gads and gads of vacation rentals, put us in the mood of possibly renting one...maybe for Christmas...mostly a pipe dream...as they want at least a week...we would want 2 days max...with a dawg OK...the beach?...so many people laying out...and the waves were like surfer style...

What could go wrong?...we get to the food stop...and are locking up the bikes...NOOOO!...my wallet is GONE!...fell out of my back pocket...I guess...called the bike rental place to see if I left it on the counter...no luck....off we go back...retracing our steps...seeking out a MIRACLE...that we would find it...laying on the ground...

Leila and Marsh went to different sites, asking if anyone had turned in the wallet...right...fat chance...you see, it has everything in it....think about it...credit cards, driving license, insurance cards, and on and on...and cash...I had a bundle in it for some unknown reason...gone...lost...

My dauber was down...duh...I had ruined the celebration...and I was planning the next set of moves...calling all the card companies...the DMV...geez, Shell, the gas co...and then...

As we arrived back at the condo...I got a call from the concierge...couldn't take it as we were just going down in the parking structure...parked and went up to the first floor...

She had some UNBELIEVABLE words for me...that this man had just called and said that he FOUND MY WALLET!...it had plenty of cash in it...and he turned it in to the lifeguard station...who, apparently, did an all call for me over the loud speaker on the beach...

We were miles away from there...thus, did not hear it...the finder...was a former Cop...just walking about at the beach...and wanted me to know that it was all intact...of course, I called him...thanked him profusely...and am sending him an Xmas thank you present...

Listen kids, there are still good people out there...make that GREAT people...Mike Hughes, you are one of them...Merry Christmas...

The day did not end...right there...as we were going to a concert later on...the legendary Johnny Mathis...who is now 82...there was a mixed bag of emotions on what we were going to see...however, am not sure of there is anyone who sings Christmas music as well as he...or did...

The site was at the Copley Auditorium...which we had not been to prior...it is beautiful...majestic structure....I did not recall where our seats were...as I got them as soon as they became available, a couple of months back...the usher took us to them...she kept walking and walking...up to the THIRD ROW!...

Right before...I mean seconds before...Johnny Mathis walked out...the two seats next to us got filled...by Marsha's boss!...talk about one in a million...well, in 10,000...or, whatever the amount of seats there are...can you say, awkward?...it was fine...

Johnny Mathis?...absolutely awesome...no other words...he looked and sounded amazing...just another magical ending to a day, that was filled with ups and downs...I think my favorite song of the night...was his rendition of 'The Twelfth of Never'...haunting...

Yes, kids, there is a season...and there are good things out there...I hope you find yours as I have found mine...

Oh yea, and 'GO DUCKS' in the football bowl game in Vegas today...

Comments

Popular Posts