Reality Check

Morning, kids...a slight change in our weather...the heat, my gawd, the heat...has subsided for a few days...nice...back to the 70* stuff...with the open windows and fresh air upon us...whew...this is what we bought into...

The battle for LaLa went down last eve at Staples Center...the Clip Joint and the Lake Show...no doubter...as there is a huge gap between 'em...HUGE...and probably for the rest of the league and the...Lakers...who are horrible...the Ball kid got his comeuppance...or whatever one calls it...as the Clips, especially, Pat Beverly, worked the kid over...listen, the daddy put the kid in a bad position...he's not a superstar...he can play, but can't shoot...the Clippers?...hard to tell, but, certainly better than the other LA team...

LA...Bums...made it a no doubter in the closing of da Cubbies series...11-1, something like that...as Enrique Hernandez (Puerto Rico!!!) hit THREE dingers...er, home runs...and off they go to the World Series...their first time in 28 years...await the winner of the Yankees and Astros...of course, the networks want them NY dudes...game 6 in that match is today...in Houston...

Wild finish up in Oakland...as the Raiders pulled off a miracle win over the KC Chiefs...seemed like they got like 3 or 4 chances to do so...as there were defensive penalties that kept the action going...especially fun for moi, as I just picked up the Oakland QB for my fantasy team...39.35 points...however, I had the WR star of the game...on me bench, he had 38 points...well, I am half Carnac, and half not...still...

Your girl Taylor Swift...just released a new single from her yet to be offered CD...hmmm...I just can't get over her bypassing country to go into the pop field...just doesn't sound right to moi...you probably will like it, cuz you are more hip than I...

A popular LA(again?) eatery, that featured the happy combo of chicken and waffles...still don't get the taste buds on that...was found to not make their own chicken, but got it from...Popeye's...ha ha...if you can't make it better, get it from your neighbor....

For me birthday...Marsh got me some new spectacles...from Costco...so off we went to the warehouse last eve to pick 'em up...what the heck?...like 7 pm...and the place was slammed!...is there not a time that it isn't?...oh yea, still talking about me...I did go to get me hairs cut...'short on the side, long on top, and block the back'...he gave me the military cut, '$12 please'...I will never learn...

The collegiate picks and the line...coming off of devastating losses...my two teams are looking to rebound...one will...SDSU (giving 7 1/2)...as they host Fresno St...which used to be a tough out...but they fired their dude, Pat Hill, and they haven't been the same since...the other, them Ducks (getting 6 1/2)...will have a tough time of it in LA (again?)...taking on the Bruins of UCLA...hey kids, I have a few doubts on the new coach...dang...

Is there any gal in the movie biz, that the Weinstein foo didn't try to intimidate?...er, whatever you call it...so you wanna be in movies...

USA Today just did a report on the World's biggest killer...pollution...hmmm, when we used to go thru LA (again?), it was smog city...not so much anymore...right?...something must have changed...better vehicle emission standards and gas...I guess...more stringent policies on businesses, too...I guess...

OK, me new cook book...used one of the recipes last eve...Shepherd's Pie...well, a version of it...mighty tasty, kids...one of 417...gives you ideas for 'new food' things...so far, so good...

Just read this Q...how much of your happiness (sadness?) is dependent on another person?...really...sometimes...you have NO idea how you affect others...with what you say or do...so...make someone happy today...put in on YOUR agenda..


Comments

Popular Posts