Maui Waui

Morning kids!   Aloha from Kaanapali. It’s been quite the adventure thus far.  Once we arrived, the weather took a drastic turn.  In the middle of the first night, thunder, lightning, and heavy winds. The weather people said over a thousand strikes!

The power went out for the entire island!   Here we were in the penthouse.  9 floors up.  Off we went to seek out some, coffee.  We found one block in Lahaina that had power.  Hmmm.   2 hour wait for breakfast.  Imagine. We found a small place off the beaten path and feasted!

By the time we returned to our hotel, the power returned.  So, we got to take the elevator back up.  Alas, no tv.  Oh my.

So we read.  In our room.  As the weather was still punky.   I read 2.  One on Kareem Jabar and John Wooden, and the other on Charlie Daniels.

Both great reads.  A note on Charlie.  In the 70’s I got interviewed and proclaimed I liked all music, but country.  That was true, until I saw him in concert in Reno.  His band , CDB, changed me, forever.

Our TV returned last eve.  So I saw the end of WS 2, and the Lake Show game.

Today?  We are finally supposed to get the sun!

Aloha

Comments

Popular Posts