Tickle Me Thursday

Florida and the rest of the eastern shoreline...is now in the path of Irma...this massive storm has no limits...evacuations are ordered...and as one of my former players, CC, has said...'we can rebuild', and they got out of harms way...they live in  Tampa...'but we, must be safe'...so true of words, and I hope that others do the same...it is said to hit...as early as Friday...

The Prez Cup members for the US...now set...and the Capt Stricker did what he should have...picked Lefty...and the SD Native, Chas Hoffman...as his xtra dudes on his team...both fine choices...

Out at the club yesterday...they had a T for us...prior to a quarterly dindin...which I never go to...5 hrs is enough to be out there...anyway, the game was a points for your score...and the worst one could do on any one hole...is a zero...I was turrible...and had a gaggle of 'em...early on...just call me Dr Zero...I salvaged a normal (for me) back 9 and was not totally embarrassing...somehow, I was NOT last...

So much for golf...or whatever that was...our Pads...egads...lost the 3rd straight to the Cards...in Petco...and...you recall the guy that we had to drop back to AAA, Hunter Renfroe?...well, he's hitting a ton there...and leading that team to the Pacific Coast finals...our management is screwed...just not what it should be...so says me...so, I'm boycotting...

There's a whole month to go in the season?...oh my...

Dancing With The Pseudo Stars...has begun...the cast was named...a wide variety of peops...ABC really flaunts this show...it really is a fun thing...outside of the insidious judging comments...and the mysterious voting...I've said this before...but, I think they should do a real...make that REAL special...of REAL stars...no NOT KK...have them pros teach 'em for a month...and have no competition...just a show of them performing one dance...it would be great...have it for a Christmas special...right?...

Got a scare yesterday, from the PNW...that the games there this weekend may be postponed or canceled due to the air quality...you see, Orygun is being devastated with FIRES!...no rain forever and brittle trees and shrubbery...not a good combo...and thus, there is smoke everywhere...we have gone thru that down here...this after I got my flight...Alaska Air told me that it would cost $125 to cancel mine...seems like a racket to moi...anyway, they are getting rain today...much needed, obviously...and the games are on!...all good...the Horse cometh...

Top it off...when I went to check in this am...there was an option to upgrade to First Class...for $50 bucks...hey, you know it...the Horse is riding in style...I forgive you, Alaska...

Fantasy Football...yup, I am back at it...my first game this week is against me son's...we are a virtual tie, so says the Yahoo guru...is there any way that the KC Chiefs can stop Brady and the Pats cold?...could be the diff...and THAT is a long shot...and...need the Pack to have a huge game...

This out of the pixels land...VEEP is closing out it's run...hmmm, I know some of my readers lurve this show...count me out...not a fan...just NOT funny...I suppose that my sense of humor is isolated...cuz, it does get loads of honors and all...

Can you believe the hullabaloo about the stealing of signs by the Yanks and Red Sox?...I mean c'mon...it is what you do in that bloody, slow game...try to figure out the other bloke's secrets...duh...the NY newspapers are thriving on it...ha ha...one finger really means 2 fingers...

Is there a shortage of coffee beans?...for some reason, your fav...Starbucks...is raising some of their prices...maybe sugar prices have risen...I dunno...oh well, I got stock in 'em...so keep buying, kids...

Hmmm, there is a new coffee shop down the street on Market and 6th...about...you been there yet?...open air one...and it is getting raves...not a Starbucks...as they do their own beans...must be dark and rich...they have food, too?...just Q's...

I leave you with this...the odds on the Nebraska/Oregon game...you want some serious reading...get to the sites of the Vegas dudes who set these odds...the line is 13.5 for the Ducks (this up from 10 earlier in the week)...and this is the poop...UO wins the game...Neb will cover the spread...and the total points scored will be under the line of 70...hmmm...there you go....

And this just popped out big time on the betting lines...the Beavs are FAVORED over the Minnesota Gophers...albeit by one...but still...really?...what do THEY know?...and...SDSU are 3 point dawgs to ASU in the desert...this, my good friends is a huge step...

Our song for the day?..."It Never Rains In Southern California", by Albert Hammond...a one hit wonder?...ya think?...NO...he wrote songs for all the peops named here...








Comments

Popular Posts