Collegiate Rankings

The rankings are out for the colleges...in lieu of the AP, or USA Today's version...I'm talking about US News And World Report's...what?...not football, dudes...but the overall school themselves...every year this rag comes up with their lists...a comprehensive look at the best in the nation...gives one the reasons thereof...ie, the cost, which may astound you...often, more than $50,000 a year...geez...

It is broken into two categories...big colleges and universities...and the small ones...ha ha...duh...anyhoo, my son's college of Pomona...is always ranked highly...this year it is 6th...has been 1st in the past...my daughter in laws is 8th...Claremont-McKenna...there you go...bragging rights for each and a constant battle of wits...the schools are at the same site in Claremont...actually, there are 5...all ranked within the top 33 of the nation...confused?...I am too...Calleeefornia...

The NFL...how about them Chargers!...came back from the abyss...had no chance for a W in Denver...and then boom!...scored a couple and were in the mix...had a chance to send the bloody thing into OT...at the buzzer...with a FG...but alas...after a TO...the kick was blocked...and a huge sigh of relief was felt all over the southern part of the state...as there was no one down here that was pulling for them to win...the hated owner of the Bolts...had lost...yea!!!!

Let's be frank...or Jerry...or Theodore...the Broncos aren't very good, either...heck, the new OC is the former HC of the Chargers...well, whatever...and OMG, what on earth was the broadcasting team that ESPN had for the game?...newbies...and turrible...their mikes weren't on loud enough so it was hard to hear 'em...more annoying than what they were actually saying...the whole thing got a solid D+...cuz the Chargers lost...no mas...enough said...

Irma could have been a lot worse...it was bad, though...tell that to the millions of peops still out of power...and why do we always have thugs taking advantage of the negative?...looters...think things aren't bad enough?...your house survives and then some crooks get in and strip it...there are names for these types and you know 'em...

I have no idea why I got up so early today...hate it...maybe in anticipation of the new iPhone release party...right...oh yea, the word is out already...that the one that intrigues moi, will be in short supply...of course...the X...hey, you remember when the new fangled flip phone was released?...nothing like that...

Please, can't your girl Hillary just go away quietly?...nope...and here is my biggest fear...that the Super Delegate Demos are going to stuff her down our throats again in 2020...cuz...just why is she making noise?...they must think she needs to...oh my...

Beisbol streakers...the Cleveland 'Indians' are now at 19 straight wins...you know how hard this is to do?...with the 5 man rotation of pitchers, they all have to be on...amazing...and the Bums...now at 11 straight losses....you know how hard that is to do?...OK, you get my point....and they have Kershaw...

When I was at the PDX airport, I got a frozen base of the infamous (to us) Mo's Clam Chowder...made it last night for dindin...created a chowder board...bread, butter, Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and the chowder...mighty tasty and a bit of Orygun, one might say...

Emma Stone as Billie Jean King...hmmm, really?...I dunno...I still am pissed at the Oscar voters for LaLa Land...grudge...she won, but he (Ryan Gosling), should have....he carried that flick...

I know many of you out there lurve the Voice...however, what have the winners ever done?...no where to be found...not like AI...hmmm, Carrie?...enough said...and Kelly, too...

Well, I shaved off my goatee...and I already miss it...what the heck?...hey, why does 69 sound a lot younger than 70?...

Hmmm, I know some of you are mighty religious...great...but do you have doubts about Joel Osteen?...the preacher man out of Houston..."if you send in $100... "....naw, I won't go there...nor will I send...

I'll finish off with the dang college football poll...Horse's...#1 USC, #2 Alabama, #3 Oklahoma...and the mystery ones...surprise hits thus far....#1 SDSU, #2 Army, #3 Oregon...I just may have some bias...at least, I'm honest about it...

Your song for today?...'Be True To Your School' by them Beach Boys...yup, again...







Comments

Popular Posts