The Bums

This window of time that the MLB teams do what they can to get in position to make it to the World Series...has just ended...and guess which teams made the biggest moves?...those with the most money...duh...the NY Yankees and the LA Bums...each getting prize pitchers...NY got the P Sonny Gray from Oakland...for some minor leaguers, er, so called 'prospects'...and likewise, LA got P Yu Darvich from Texas, for, you got it, 'prospects'...

I didn't realize that LaLa hasn't won the WS since 1988!...what?...purnt near 30 years, in the Horse's book...wow, it seems like they win our division every other year...well, either them or the SF Giants...I'm not sure if I'm pulling for them or not...hey, it's SD first...but let's get real...we have NEVER won the bloody thing...let alone even being atop the division...since, well, way before we hit the town...

I'll just betcha that the pixel people would drool over a NY/LA WS...I wonder if it got that far, the games would be actually broadcast in Angeles?...where only one cable system shows 'em now...they are blacked out in the rest of the area...odd, don't you think?...and my final thought in beisbol...I can't get the pix of Chris Christie confronting his 'heckler' out of me head...so, I'll give it to ya...and now you won't get it out of yours...

Oops...that wasn't the last thought...there are over 90 MLB players from Venezuela...and many more in the minors...and they can't or won't go home...as they fear for their lives and their families back there...listen, the regime there is scary...and the more you read about it...the worse it gets...rounding up and arrests of opposition people...

CNN is doing a special series on 'The Nineties'...the one we saw last, was the episode of Clinton as Prez...thinking back about it...his impeachment due to the Lewinsky thing was an absolute joke...right?...I mean who cares?...however, his line that he used...after getting into trouble?..."I have got to get back to work for the American people"...his line...

We are fortunate to have a son as a dentist...have a tooth emergency that will take a couple of days to solve...so, off we go to SB...makes me miss a T...and...tightens up an already very, very busy week...time to 'hit the road, Jack'...

Seems like I just got the iPhone 7 and now they are touting up the iPhone 8...another must have, er, upgrade?...I will tell ya that the plan we are on using Verizon...saves us big bucks...maybe they all have 'em now...but, I have been muy compatico with the service...

A minor shock yesterday...as we headed over to the beach for lunch...went to one of our hidden gems...Jrdn...we valet (free) and the food is excellent...here is the surprise...there were very few peops there...it was overcast, I guess that was the issue...but still mighty warm...Marsh had salmon, and I had the lobster sandwich...yup...good stuff...

Golfing blunder...did you see the incident with the gals match play championship?...some amateur thinger...where one combatant (?) took a six inch putt...the rules people pounced on the poor gal like she had committed a crime...and thus, lost the match...finish the hole out, kids...finish the hole out...many moons ago, I did the same...almost came to blows...ha ha...you know, I'd just rather never play matches...it's hard enough to get around the course...let alone worry about an opponent...

Finally...how long did Scaramucci have to celebrate before he got the axe?...has to be the record for a Prez hire and fire...right?...drink up fast my friend...

The song for the day?...'Honey, I'm Home' by Shania Twain...who has a new record out very soon...




Comments

Popular Posts