Let's Get Ready To Rumble!

Let me start out by saying this...boxing is a brutal sport...no one ever talks about concussions when it's brought up...as that is what ya'll want to do, beat the guy brainless...I guess...knock him out!...then you WIN...hmmm, so what is the fascination?...knowing it is this vicious battle of two blokes...as I was growing up, Cassius Clay, then Mohammed Ali, was the wonder of the sport...and we rarely missed a bout of his...others followed...

Seemingly, the concept of brawling...died off...until this MMA(Mixed Martial Artist) thing came out...where you could pretty much do anything in it... a caged up area...shoot, bring in the gals to do it, too...they have their champs...I dunno, maybe a cross between boxing and rassling...kick boxing and well, whatever...there is an audience, just not my thing...

Anyway...there is a cross over bout to happen this Saturday in Vegas (duh, where else?)...as a pure boxer is taking on a MMA champ...to see if there is parity, I suppose....betting on it, is fast and furious...the hype has been tremendous...really...of course, there is the pay for view...it ain't free, kids...locally, our fav watering hole, Barleymash, has it on screen...I think it costs you $50 to enter and watch the fight...shoot, you can order from your cable company, too...

OK, the two combatants are these dudes...the boxer is Floyd Mayweather, Jr...40 yrs old...eek, a problem maybe...and yet, undefeated...who may not have the strength anymore to knock a guy out...and is black...I will tell you the reason I said this in the next paragraph...and the opponent...is the MMA guy, and Euro...Conor McGregor...28 yrs old...brash and boldly predicting that he will knock Mayweather out in the 1st round...hype?...you betcha...oh yea, and he is white...

One of my weekly daily views on ESPN...PTI...Pardon The Interruption...features two sports jockeys...who banter the sporting news of the day...and one of them went too far, in my estimation, yesterday...Mike Wilbon...who boldly stated that the reason more people were betting on McGregor...is that he is white...what?...give me a break...that nonsense, in this sport...has left the arena decades ago...and he is trying to resurrect it....

Interested?...somehow I got swallowed up into it...but, not to shell out big bucks to gander...I'll wait for the replay...ha ha...and...I will be waiting for instant stuff...does the Horse have a prediction?...nope, but I am leaning towards the boxer...it's just the age thinger that is holding me back....

Finally, this is the day we head on out to Del Mar and take in the them real horses...a treat for moi...and can't believe that Marsh has agreed to the trip...hmmm, she must want something...

Comments

Popular Posts