Harvey Won't Leave

Let's be clear, kids...this storm in Texas...won't leave...Harvey...the pix that are coming out are absolutely amazing...and frightening at the same time...so many people displaced...over 4 feet of rain...let me restate that...48 + inches!...actually, 49.2 inches...how is that possible?...and now...the storm is moving east...Louisiana is in it's path....it, too, can not handle the water...

Over yonder ...well, here...the heat wave has begun...appears up and down the west coast...think there isn't global warming, you non-believers?...

Odd tale out of Houston...where the shelters are over-loaded...and they are searching for more sites...the Bible thumping Evangelist, Joel Osteen, has a massive 'church' that would handle many...and he won't allow it...what?...ooops, there goes the donations...$...

And...

I still think that the North Korean foo has a death wish...launched yet another 'test missile' that allegedly flew over Japan...hard to imagine that all his people have swallowed his kool aid, and are willing to die for him...cuz, that's what they are going to do on this path...

SONOS sent out a couple of messages this am...first that they are working on the Dolby issue...then about 10 minutes later, they have a patch that will work...a BETA format...well, I updated...and it works...WORKS!...I have been forewarned by my golfing colleague that it may solve one issue, and create another...I will keep ya'll posted...as many of you, my readers, have this sound system in their pad...

OK, I do have the military cut now...what?...I told 'em how I wanted my hair done...yup, they smiled...and still gave me their shop's style...oh yea, and they raised the rate...them bastards...it's now $12!...bloody inflation...in and out in less than 7 minutes...

The Pads are home...playing them Giants...apparently the bats are still in transit from Florida...as we got NO RUNS...geez, we are falling flat...ever since the management decided to drop the regular RF, Hunter Renfroe, to AAA...where he is flourishing...I would fire GM Preller on the spot...

Today...I venture out to get me a cheat sheet for the Fantasy Football draft...I will settle on one...and not waiver from the list...as I, personally, have no clue...none whatsoever...nada...zilch...almost brain dead when it comes to this...

Hmmm...the trip to Maui is complete...there are some great peops in this world...as the place we stay in Kaanapali, will give me the same rate as the past 14 or so years...what?...absolutely amazing!...write me, if you want info on the site...

Most of the colleges kick their season off this weekend...football, I'm talking...the Ducks host Southern Utah...rumors are that UO has some injuries (already)...and the Aztecs host UC Davis...a I dunno game...

This on UC Davis...they have a new HC...the one and only Dan Hawkins...he was the resurrector of the Boise St (is that a state?) program a while back...went on to Colorado, where he bombed...and now is back in the collegiate scene, after some TV analyst work...

Hdcp Andy and I are heading out to Del Mar on Thursday...will hit the Pick 5...guarantee it...well, depending on how many hosses I tie up...ha ha...

The song for this day...'Bop' by Dan Seals...you remember this one?...


Comments

Popular Posts