Boxing

Say what?...let's just say it was NOT my intent to watch this...I was trying to follow the latest Padre debacle on the pixels...yet another pathetic effort by the home team...or, for you Bum fans, another night of complete domination over the "Madres", as this team is called by one of my LA friends...the humiliation of it all...anyway...

I turned the channel to ESPN...there must be something better on...alas, there was an extravaganza on...BOXING!...what?...they still have that sport?...a champ fight...in Australia...so...I watched the hype for it...Manny Pacquaio...I have heard of him...champ for many years out of the Philippines...and the local hero from the homeland, as their "Rocky"...John Horn...oops, sorry John, make that Jeff Horn...12 rounds of boxing...

Hey...I have been there...it's the sport that has many, and, make that frequent, bouts of questionable outcomes...where the results aren't revealed by a round by round basis...but at the end...unless, there is a knockout...sooo...I would not be surprised if it was sketchy...ha ha...

Let's just say...it was a doozy...in my mind, like old times...the announcing?...dreadful...the boxing?...exciting...the voices led you to believe that Manny was dominating...hmmm...other than the 9th round, I thought the opposite...Horn was the aggressor...oh yea...the 3 judges had the Aussie winning...the NEW, something CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!...

Is this a return to the free boxing matches, in lieu of the pay for view?...I dunno, something tells me this resembles pro rasslin...but last night's fight was real...not exactly sure of the judging...it is what it is...

Oh yea...the results of the Bum/Padres fray?...8-0...yet another embarrassment...

Other...

There is no other...ha ha...have a great Sunday...where is the sun?...of the day?...of course, the song for the moment is...the theme from 'Rocky'..."Gonna Fly Now" by Bill Conti...


Comments

Popular Posts