Cousin Brucie

Top o this Sunday Morning, to ya"ll...we are to get some mo of that wet stuff today, and I'm not talking snow...egads...just today, however...'we need the rain'...here we go again...

This is the time that many of the high schools are playing in and for the state championships...wherever you are...which got me mini brain a reflecting again in the past...having played, coached, parented, and broadcast 'em...it will always be etched in my mind...it is a fantastic time of life...

I go way back to my high school days...when the outlet was the airwaves...and I'm telling ya, it was the radio...yup...like AM...for most of you now, it's something you NEVER listen to...unless, it is the only source for a sports game...that's out there...even the mighty Padres game is switching to FM...

However, now there is another choice for that...it is Sirius XM...a paid service that is, and you know this...virtually commercial free...wowser, it has taken a lot of writing to get to my title for todays' blog...you see, when I travel out to my golf course, it taketh 30 minutes...and I listen to it...

My choices vary...but almost always on the path home...it is the 60's...I got this big chuckle the other day...laughed out loud in my rig...the DJ was none other than Cousin Brucie...he was doing an all request show...this dude has been doing the gig for like 50+ years...as you see, which takes us back to my high school days...and some of the requests were hilarious!...

Reminded my so much of the days back in Orygun...where KBZY was doing the same schtick...if you are feeling a bit nostalgic, put the disc of "American Graffiti' in your player...and you can get that same aura all about you again...terrific flick...and a glimpse of what it was like back in the Horse's days....

You know, it's kind of flattering that wherever I go...I will have people call me Horse...and that they read me...or, I'll get somebody send me an email, questioning my sanity...or just comment on what I have said lately...it's cool...and for goodness sakes, pass me on....I take requests...

Man... 

And now for the ongoing 'wire tapping' ...and this from the Google News...usually a bit more left of center...who is impartial anymore?...the Horse is...

You know what FISA is?...of course you don't...but those in the political biz, do...it's the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act...which basically says...that you have to have a judge give the OK to wiretap someone, or some group...something...

And THIS is what Prez T was referring to about Prez O...that the Obama Judicial System (really, what the group was called) used FISA to check on some of (3) then Donald J Trump's top trusted aides...in the election season, the past year...and...that until, they got the name of Trump, out of their request (the word for the day, apparently) the judge wouldn't grant the tapping...hmmm....

However...here you go...a President may ask for and grant his Attorney General to do the tapping, WITHOUT a court order...for ONE year...if he deems it necessary...you know like espionage stuff...that he (or she, sorry Hilz) sees fitting...hmmm...and this is what Prez T is referring to...hey, kids, this story keeps getting deeper and deeper and deeper...

Which leads me here...there is so little we know about what is going on...we KNOW nuttin...


Other...

Who knows how good these two teams are...but when they play, it is a sensational game...North Carolina and Duke...last night the Tar Heels got it at home...so fun to watch...not so fun, was the Duck dismantling of the Beavs...in Corvallis....a disastrous year for OSU...

I have told ya"ll for years...that the best putter in golf is a female...Inbee Park..from South Korea...who showed that again...in a demonstration for the ages and the genders...with an awesome final round of drilling putt after putt, from everywhere....and winning the LPGA event in Singapore...

The TSA...you know the dudes who do the screening at airports...have more freedom in their search of you...see above...hey, it's what is going on...apparently by both sides of our political system....

This is BS week...what?...yup...we go to see Blake Shelton this Saturday out at the Sports Arena...

How about all of us, having a great Sunday...




Comments

Popular Posts