Filly-buster

Morning, ya"ll...it's raining here in SoCal...AGAIN!...what?...ruins my golf date...again...keep the sticks in the building...again...boooo....'but we need the rain'...if I hear that just one more time, I'm gonna scream....

You have problems with the Electoral College?...the antiquated method of the country voting, er electing, the Prez?...well, try this on for size...to delay a vote in the Senate, our fine elected officials...do this other combative procedure...they control the floor of the Senate with a filibuster...or, as I headline today's donny brook, FILLY-BUSTER!...

Betsy DeVos...Prez T's nominee foe the Education Secretary...ah yes...you gots the background on her?...slap me around if you think that if I call her a lobbyist, that I am off base...she does have a lot of $ to throw about...she is married to the dude who was the CEO of Amway...yup, that fine company...Dick DeVos...is that where the Devos got their name?...I digress...her bro is the founder of another fundamental part of the US...and the mideast...Blackwater USA...oh my...we do have money don't we...

To be fair, that's her fam, and NOT HER!...she is and has been a businesswoman...a proud grad of Calvin College (what?)...is considered a philanthropist (so am I?)...and a political contributor...not my words...who monetarily backed Jeb and Carly during the latest Repub campaign...after they were eliminated, she then gave $ to the youngster out of Florida, Marco Rubio...but not to the eventual winner...

Geez, I don't seem to find much on her that says....EDUCATOR!...nuttin...so why is she getting the nod for the spot?...which is the reason that the NEA and well, most all of the teaching nation wants nothing to do with her...as their leader...however, it gets down to party lines...the Demos say, 'give us another choice'...the Repubs want to give the high sign...BTW, if the vote ends in a tie...there is no OT...the Vice President makes the deciding vote...hmmm, she's in, huh...

BREAKING!...yes, she has been ratified...or been voted in...or whatever...and yes...it took the Vice Prez Pence to break the tie...

You seeing this atrocity out of Syria?...a prison there has hung over 13,000 in the past 5 years...what?...where is the decency here?...how can this sort of thing happen in these modern times?...maybe not so modern...I just can't imagine...

Other...gosh...we need other...

Tom Brady...in the jubilation of his own locker room after the game...duh Super Bowl...and he is getting dressed and all...finds that someone stole his jersey...what?...the sanctity of the locker room may not be...

Maybe it's just the length of the NBA season...but everyone is getting a bit ornery...tempers and all...of course, you have to control yourself with these refs...who are getting worse...so says me...I see so many blatant missed calls...none worse than LeBron's travel at the end of the Cavs game last eve...you see it?...oh my...looked like he was carrying the ball thru the A gap...

Boogie...yes, DeMarcus Cousins...got the heave ho last eve...he has been on the brink forever...I can't imagine trying to coach him up...and the 'analysts' keep praising him....get a life, dudes...he's a 100% jerk on the floor...how many coaches has he had?...they leave and he stays...this happens over and over and over....and....

One of my golf buddies, Gary, just got the new (newer) M2 Driver by Taylor Made, to change from the M1...hmmmm...like comparing the Titelist Pro V golf balls to the Titelist Pro VX?...I dunno...me game is lost...I can't really comment much (see Betsy, at least I admit it)...and am stuck in the 90's world...that's all my scores...and that's with 'that's good' putts...

Is it just me, or are we getting way too many sports commentator shows on the pixels?...I can handle 3...but...now it's like all day long...and why is anyone listening to the awful Skip Bayless?...

Hope...the 2 mayors out of SD and Tijuana met up yesterday...to bridge the gap over the wall...stop it Horse...

There is a new hotel that just opened here in downtown...the Pendry...right across the street from where we first lived ...and they have a new Fish House...I got us a reservation for Saturday nite...to celebrate V Day...'Lionfish'...

If I could make and patent this...golf balls that went normal...and floated, too...I'd make a million and it would save me big bucks, too...

Watch the hydro-planing out there...

Finally...from the bizarre world of D-1 football...the mighty 'Bama...filled with the very best pro prospects in the game...fired then hired their OC...got a dude to call the champ game...LOST...and now that dude, Steve Sarkashian...is GONE!...off to the NFL to be the new OC at Atlanta...nice job...












Comments

Popular Posts