Buzzer Beaters

No better rush ever...I mean...EVER!...if you are on the winning end of a dramatic, buzzer beater, shot to win the game...witness two of them last eve...one in the Carrier Dome...where Syracuse got their prayer answered...and the other...more pertinent to my arena...the Oregon Ducks and theirs...

Let's break it down...the last minute of a close game can be pandemonium...we practiced last minute stuff all the time...throughout the season...to the clock, too...as much simulation that you can create...I trust the college guys do, too...I dunno...

In the 'Cuse win...they beat Duke...who by many accounts have the best college coach in the biz, Coach K...that's all he is known by now...actually it is Mike Krzyzewski...OK, sufficed to say K...I get it...but, the Blue Devils panicked when they had their chance...shot a bad one...and gave the Orange enough time to race down the floor and bank in the winner, straight on...the bank was open...one might say 'luck'...whatever...who was mobbing the floor after?...

The Duck one...they were getting mauled by the Bears in NoCal...only had 16 points at half...however, as my good friend and former coach LG said...'Oregon is playing hard, I think they have a chance'...prophetic words, kids...they kicked up the full court pressure...and gave the ball to their star, Dillon Brooks, in the last minute...got out of the way...and let him go...now 'this' is good coaching...Brooks topped it off with a 3 ball to win it...yes, at the buzzer...

Maybe that is the key...first of all, get yourself a stud...find players that will pass him the ball...have a plan to do so...take time outs when you can...to remind the players what they need to do...'get the ball to the stud'...get out of the way...and don't YOU dare take the shot...repeat if necessary...

Horse stuff...

Transgender bathrooms...hmmm...seems to me an easy issue...that is NOT for some...go where you need to go...shoot, in many Euro spots, it's open to all...I may be naive...

If you judged a regime by your bank account...er, stock amount...I'd say that this one is awesome...calm down Bill Maher...I bet YOURS is up, too...probably way up...high!...geez, I'm using Maher and high in the same sentence?...naw...

Gosh, we have peops here...so I gotta go...more later, dudes...


Comments

Popular Posts