The Keating 5

Just to make your mind go back a bit...like to the late 80's...when the banks...ie, Savings & Loan companies...were filled with money making schemes...that many were not legal...'Junk Bonds' and the like...where they used $ from the investors for other means than 'investing'...and, the companies went bankrupt...and the people who had their money in 'em...lost it all...many were retirees....

Anyway, one of these was the Lincoln S&L...headed by this dude, Charles Keating...who found a way to escape the eyeballs of the Federal Regulations Board...by donating large sums of money to some key Senators...who, then would meet with the Fed Brd, to influence it to drop any charges on Keating...he  so blatantly replied to a question that about whether his tactic would work, "I certainly hope so"...or words to the effect...

One of these Senators, was the Vet out of Arizona...John McCain...calling it one of his biggest mistakes of his life...duh...you know how much each of these dudes got for their 'influence' by Keating?...a million bucks...you KNOW how much I detest lobbyists and the process this country is entangled in...another example...

The Keating 5 were not found guilty of 'corruption'...just bad judgment...Keating?...like 75 counts of it...served 4 yrs in prison...and the people who lost all their savings?...don't think he or they (the K 5) shed a tear...BTW, when Prez Obama was running against McCain for the office, he did bring this up...shame on McCain...

Other stuff...

You know how many years I have watched the Army/Navy football game?...like ever since my eldest bro was a Cadet...love the pageantry of it all...by both sides...I rarely miss...yesterday I did cuz I was on the links...the Middies have won 14 straight years...usually decidedly...and lo and behold, Army finally won...it's the year of upsets I tell ya...

The Warriors went into Memphis for a test with them Grizzlies...NBA, kids...and got mauled from the git go...the Tennessee team kept attacking the hoop...got the calls early...shot a whole gaggle of FT's...and won it...easily...another of one of them upsets...yup, a stinker by PDX...up early...and horrific play calling thereafter...in Indy...and blow another...this guy has no control over what happens on the floor...I keep telling you...

The Heisman...given to those writer's fav bloke of the year in D-1 football...went to Lamar Jackson, of Louisville...QB...I guess so...why not?...me?...I would have given it to the entire D of 'Bama...they were the best in the Nation, by far...

Me golf...so I walked...me bum thumb?...actually helped my swing...as I kept the right hand off the club at impact...most of the time...but...I pulled up lame on the 9th tee box...left hammy...got a cart for the back side...86 and not nearly as bad as I've been for the last month...still, I ache all over...and passed on the awards ceremony after with the boyz...

Today...yes today, I will Xmas shop...gonna start at Borders, oops, Barnes & Noble...and work my way around the malls, I spoze...I want to take the lil woman to the AT&T store to get her the new iPhone 7...she deserves it...geez, that sounded awful...I mean the battery life in the 6 is brutal...time for the newbie...

The Sec of St...may go to the former CEO of Exxon...tell me this is a joke...the 1st one that I am not liking...you know, I don't like politics...not one bit...

Have a great Sunday...and go Titans!...


Comments

Popular Posts