Christmas Eve

So we are all OK now...the kids made it here...brutal drive thru the rain and wind...mostly thru the upper half of the trip...from Santa Barbara down to Orange County...the rest of the way, was just high wind...odd weather...I recall many times that we have been laying (lying?) on the beach during the Holidays...not this one...

Get this...I made an online Xmas order...guaranteed to be here, by at least today...from Macy's...and late last nite...I got an email, that said...'unfortunately, the order can't be completed'...as the item I purchased was 'discontinued'...what?...it went on, 'relax, as you will not be charged for the order'...oh my...Merry Christmas...I responded with a little curt 3 worder...you pick the words...so much for the safe Macy's way...

The Bolts take on the winless Browns in Cleveland today...this will be the perfect send off gift to San Diego...as the Chargers will serve up a mighty big turkey today...and will delight the home town to their first win of the season...I am not being sarcastic...if I were in Vegas I'd bet a $100 on it...and I normally say, 'never, ever, bet on the NFL'...in this case, I change me mind...

Your PDX Blazers...catch me if I'm redundant on this...laid another stinker down...got beat at home...handily...by the San Antonio Spurs...the issue, was that Coach Pop, sat THREE of his stars...and made no diff to the outcome of the game...his system works, the Blazer system does not...at least the present one...

Normally, in the last 2 or 3 years, we have heard nothing from our above us neighbors...remember the 'pounding of the chicken' issue?...well, they sold and moved on...smile...and a singleton bought and moved in...not a peep until this am...as she has her grand kids here for the Holidays...and they are running amok...time for us to be a looking elsewhere...I think I've said that a bit much lately...

None of what I have written about this am has much impact on the outside of the Horse world...ha ha...how you doing on your bowl pools?...just try and figure out the winners of the 41 games...I'm not in one....whew...so I don't have to watch them all...I don't like this:...the players sitting out to increase their value for the pros...that two teams are in with 5-7 records...back judge referees...who makes the money on these games...

I have watched at least 6-8 games thus far...and the stands are not even remotely filled up...if there is half, I would call them liars...so, why is this precious system kept for D-1 football?...college presidents seem to love it...so, who makes the cash?...it's a racket, kids...at the expense of the players...hmmm...the coaches usually get bonuses for taking a team to a 'bowl'...the school gets some $...the organizers get big $....and the players get a swag bag, that can't be worth more than $600...

Well now...we open our presents tonight...you know the story...we are fixing a huge Xmas eve dinner...Honey baked ham, is the highlight...then open up the stockings...not the razzmatazz as before...turn on the Christmas music...and just chill...might just have some vino for the lassies and bourbon for the lads...too...because of the nasty weather, we may go down to Barnes & Noble and each get a book to treasure...what do you do, while the rains persist?...ha ha...it wasn't that long ago...

You, yes YOU, have a very Merry Christmas!!!...




Comments

Unknown said…
Merry Christmas to you as well Pete. Glad you've got the entire family together.

Popular Posts