A Change is a coming...

The Ducks made it official...they announced that they have let their HC Mark Helfrich, go...er, fired him...all accounts have him as a great guy...just did not work out in the business of college football for this time...it is a BRUTAL business, kids...it's all about winning...and more so, RECRUITING!...there you go...

Speculations...that the next guy...is gonna be....well...there are lots of theories...last night ESPN listed 8 possibles...geez...I have no clue...however, it has to be quick...as this is 'hunting season', er the time that the coaches scour the country for athletes...I think they have a coach in their hip pocket...who?...dunno...

You watch any of the Clip Joint last nite in Brooklyn?...perhaps, the worst team in the league is the Nets...hmmm...it was one of them sheep thingers...as the Clips rested their best guy, Blake Griffin...just because...and guess what?...they lost in 2 or 3 OT's...the highlight?...HC Doc Rivers went ballistic at the ref, Kenny Maurer, and got tossed...BTW, in Horse's book, Maurer is a real piece...this 'resting' fad is no bueno...

We taped and watched the last Madam Secretary...I keep telling ya this...this is the best show on the pixels...the story lines...the acting...the dialog...all seem real...CBS Sunday nite...

This is the last week for the hosses out at Del Mar...wowser, this session went fast...and I have yet to get out there...gots to convince the other half...either Friday or Sunday...nothing like being at the track...you ever been?...

Wooah...me golf game is in the tank!...barely breaking 100...really...it's not the tee balls...it's the stuff around and on the greens...I think I 3 putt almost every one of 'em...walked the course yesterday...today, I'm gonna get on one of them cart thingers...wasn't gonna play, but am going to man up and beat this...ha ha...well, I have 10 new balls left out of that new dozen I started with yesterday...so, I guess not ALL of my tee shots were good...smile...

You hear that Tiger is out on the tour this week?...man oh man, them pundits are a squawking...how he is fragile and all...step back, dudes, and let him play...my take is that he can't stand to be average...

The final 4 in the CFS...er, whatever it is called...that committee that meets and figures it out...which the Duck AD is part of...that left Helfrich high and dry as the bloke went to do the meet...BS move, as  Mark called him on Sunday to ask if he still had the job...and he brushed him off until he returned on Tuesday...then fired him....class less...maybe, just maybe, a tip to what is going on...

OK, I gotta get a going here...get some grub...and get cleaned up...and head on out to Sycuan....you know golf is supposed to be fun....hmmm....I am testing that theory a lot...

Comments

Popular Posts