Whistle!

Morning, kids...how goes the battle?...it is college football time...finally...as we gear up for some fun months to come...my highlight will be my trip up north for the Stanford/Duck game in November...at least for pigskin fun...had some barn burners yesterday...ie, the almost...App St near win over highly heralded Tennessee...much like they did 10 years ago to Michigan...hint, don't schedule 'em for a patsy...

For you PNWers...your Beavs had a solid outing in Minnesota...yet, lost in a close battle...I did watch this...OSU is pointed in the right direction...finally...of course, you had to get rid of Riley to do so...I know, you liked him...but, at what cost?...too many games in the L column...and...tomorrow the Ducks host the UC Davis hooligans...ha ha...naw, that's not their name...just made that up...anyway, I will check it out to see if it is carried down here on the pixels...and yes, did get out all my Duck gear from the storage...you see, that's what you do if you live in a condo...

The highlight (lowlight?) of last night's Bolt/49er game was whether or not, the SF QB Kaepernick would sit during the playing of the National Anthem...which just so happened to be Armed Forces Night...ha ha...well, the bloke kneeled...and of course, he had a joiner in...which will happen other places...too bad...you know in the NBA you get fined for this...call it a fad?...bad fad...

I did get out to Del Mar yesterday...you will laugh...it is free for all seniors...free admission, free program, and free seat...so, I was sitting with all the other old people...I could say more, but you, too, may be a senior, and...I don't want to offend you...but I HAD TO GET UP AND LEAVE the area...enough said...went down to the paddock and had a blast!...watched that part of the races...used to do that way back when at the Oregon State Fair...of course, I have no idea what I am looking for...other than horses that are washed out...

I do marvel at these animals...so beautiful...magnificent...and the trainers are like rock stars...Bob Baffert had one going...he, with the white hair...had an entourage surrounding him...just like a Kardashian...not!...and one thing I noticed...he had jeans on...boots...and was dirty....you see him on the pixels at big events, he looks like he is a dandy...nope, he's the real deal...and...how tiny these jockeys are...huge animals with tiny people aboard for the races...

Oregon State Fair...it was the time that I would spend prior to going back to work...my summer swan song...usually ten days of races, which I would get to about 5 or 6 of 'em...would take some time off and go get some scones...they still have them?...remember they used to be a nickel...which does date me a bit...ha ha...

Your San Diego Padres...egads...lost all the games at Hotlanta...this is a bad team, kids...thanks Trader AJ...you took a competitive team to being a laughing stock of the league...how the heck do you keep your job?...less than 30 games to go...I dunno, this could be the worst I have felt about the franchise in the 10 years we have been here...and that is saying a lot...

This afternoon, I do go over to Crimson Chic and get me hairs put back to their original color...whatever that is...Pops thinks that I am totally gray...ha ha...he is...so he thinks I should be too...anyhoo, the blonde session is over...I already am feeling smarter...

The stormy weather...is the headline for almost all the news sources I have read this am...in the panhandle of Florida...and now moves up the east coast...still carrying some strife, but not like when it first makes land...and...I have heard nothing about Hawaii's 2 'canes that were approaching there...I think one was veering north and the other south of the islands...hope so...

Hey...hint...if you want a sleeper in this year's football season...keep your eye and wallet on the San Diego St Aztecs...shhhh...it's our little secret....


Comments

Popular Posts