USA! USA! USA!

National pride does take over...I said I wasn't gonna watch the Olympics...I lied...not intentionally...of course, I marveled at the guys hoop team...and how Coach K and his staff has (have?) the guys ready...surprised at the tree lined streets of the forever bike race...do not understand the pull of riding in packs...

Does appear that Rio is gorgeous!...and that damn mosquito is taking the charm out of the events and the beauty of the city...too bad...wonder how a person can survive financially by swimming every four years...for the prizes that adorn the Olympic winners... shoot, I could say that about a lot of the sports, outside of the golf and hoops...

Finally got to see the Country Music Fest...I think held in the Titans fb stadium there in Nashville...lots of present day singers in the show...no better than Carrie, who carries the torch for the entire pack...so says me....Blake was excellent, too...you may have your own favs...disappointed with the direction of Little Big Town, kind of straying from their country roots...and, oh my, Miranda, is not the hype that she has been blessed with...we all have our own ideas, right?...

The Pads, er Prospects, won last eve vs the equally prospected Phillies, mired in their own rebuilding phase...if you read my last night post, you know my frustrations with one of our "spokesman"...we got ahead...I fell asleep...as we had a big lead...which we apparently, almost gave up...as our new closer, was not so good at the closing part of the moniker...ha ha...and get this...Mgr Green was visibly upset at his starting pitcher...who when asked to bunt...threw his bat down in disgust, and jogged to 1st base...he got another bloke warmed up and yanked the foo as soon as he could...hey dude, you are trying to make the team...strike one...

The gap is widening...if you go by all them polls...Hillary is literally crushing the Donald...all righty then....calm down folks...this is the will of the people...until...they go to pulpits and bash each other in front of millions and millions of interested voting possibles...you do know, you have to get out and VOTE, right?...some how, the states of Florida and Ohio, are huge in the race...don't ask me now...later...

Me golf...been awhile...but got out and banged the yellow ball about...some good, and some bad...to be expected...still using my now vintage Nike irons...maybe I should switch back to my Ping ones...hey, not sure if it makes much diff...one thing for sure, the weather was wonderful...as long as one was riding a cart, and not walking in the heat...you know, at my age...

Did you hear about this?...an Olympic Syrian swimmer...who now swims for the "Refugee Team"...whatever that is...anyway...she was in a boat that was at sea with 18 others in their quest to leave Syria to Europe in the Mediterranean Sea...it lost power... and she and her sister got out...into the water and pushed the boat...BY SWIMMING...to safety...imagine...anyway, she won her heat in the Olys...but did not medal...still...

And we worry about if KK has nude selfies or not...

Breaking!  Who shoots a 58?...what?...Jimmy Furyk just did so at the Traveler's...OMG!  First time ever on the PGA Tour...check out that scorecard...oh my...




Comments

Popular Posts