Tiger Impact?

A declining market...that of the game of ...gulp...golf...a drop of roughly 15-20% of people actually playing a round of it...from a year ago...what?...some call it the "Tiger Impact"...well, I do...since Tiger Woods has fallen off the map of the PGA world, so has his followers...really?...is there a correlation with the latest news out of Nike land?...the Oregon based company is ceasing to make golf clubs, balls, shoot, anything to do with the sport...peops aren't buying the Tiger stuff...are more companies to follow suit?...hot rumor is that Golfsmiths is about to declare bankruptcy...

Well now...I have Nike irons...suppose they will now be called "vintage"...I lurve them...fuggit about replacement parts...better quit throwing clubs...cuz of Tiger, it may be time to find some newbies...to adorn my Nike bag...wait, that is "vintage", too...so are my Nike shoes...hey, Horse needs a total golf makeover!...remember the Nike Black ball?

An item that has been hidden in the field of play...golf courses are feeling the strain...of the lack of people on their valuable pieces of land...the numbers of members have dropped...thus, the most important piece of the puzzle is missing...money...courses are losing it...the inevitable happens...they close...and sell the land to...gulp...developers of housing props...it's happened down here...how about where you live?...you know the top 1% of the population that Bernie has talked this entire campaign about?...they will still have their golf...and the way it's going, it will be a rich person sport...only...

Jobs...a huge increase in the job market this past month...what say you Repubs?...a reported 255,000 more...OK...I get the numbers...but where are these blokes getting them?...are you telling me that the businesses are relocating back in the US of A?...I don't believe it...this must mean that the people are moving out into suburbs, and starting new local businesses...I dunno, I'm fuzzy about this...this is the release...the bulk of the new jobs have to do with professional and business services, health care and finance...the rest are federal, state, and local government jobs....hmmm...really?...

The Rio Olympics is upon us...the gala opening will be extraordinary, I suppose...will you watch?...looks like NBC has the rights to the pixel presentation...I dunno, but call me that guy, who is so tired of Al Roker...who thinks he himself is a funny bloke...I don't...I digress...it's about the sports...yes, I will watch...mostly the hoops...guy and gal...but non stop stuff?...nope...and the mosquito virus is real and deadly...

I was an inquiry away from hitting the Pick 5 out at Del Mar yesterday...shoot, my hoss won...then was taken way down...like out of the top 4 even...as I had the other 4 races stand up...would have been a tidy amount, I am guessing...easily in the thousands...tax signature stuff...as it was, nope...I have been dang close this season...but yet to hit it...shoulda yesterday...think Horse was pissed?...

The Padres, er, the Prospects...are hosting the Phillies...a good chance for some more vaunted wins...I just might sneak over to Petco and watch a game...get a cheap seat and have a dawg and a brewskie...the boys are out of town, so my golf is on hold...I choose not to drive out to El Cajon and wing it...takes 30 minutes each way...I'll wait until Tuesday...

Hey...YOU...have a happy Friday...






Comments

Popular Posts