The Weekend

Morning, kids...how was your Friday?...well, this earth had a lot of happenings...from the good to the awful...sorry to say, like most any other day...for you, who lived in the 1950's...one probably yearns for that era again...things were so much slower...I digress...

To keep on with The Open in Scotland...the good...Lefty is leading after the 2nd round...the field is closing on him...but still...the weather was very similar to the winters in my old state of Orygun...rainy and blustery...golf?...something you just didn't do in it...but over yonder, you play on...looked absolutely miserable...one of the blokes I usually pick in the Majors...who never wins...Henrik Stenson, made a charge and is paired with Mickelson today...BTW, the glamour boys, are way back...like Horse said would happen...

5 stars for the off track over at Striders...gone was the $15 dollar cover charge...what?...of course, it could have been that the place was packed...a lot of dudes who chose to go there in lieu of the Opening Day out at Del Mar...no lines, no waiting...easy to get some refreshments...BTW, the Pick 6 was hit for a cool $120 grand!...that's right...oh my...er, not me...

5 stars for the Padres and their hard luck righty, Andrew Cashner...I know, I bash him a lot...but me no bash Cash after last nite's effort anymore...threw it like he can...as SD  beat SF and their ace, MadBum...way cool...and our remaining All Star, Wil Myers, had a great nite...ie a tater...he, my good friends, is on fire...4-1 win...!!!...

The awful...an attempted coup in Turkey...that was quelled...almost 3,000 people were rounded up as participants...I think we can all imagine their fate...did we ever see the idea of a coup in the 50's?...another day of unrest in that area...I can't even imagine what that is like...

More awful...the aftermath of the killing rampage of the coward in Nice...how about that for a contradictions of names...anything but...nice...so many killed and injured...always the innocent...do these cowards have any soul worth saving?...despicable...

Big Brother...let's get back to fantasy land...relax our brains a little...well, a lot...as Bronte got the axe...how they can keep Tiffany in the yard, is beyond me...see...this is totally mindless...no tinkering of the lights that keep our cranium a churning...ah yes, just what the brainiacs need...I can't be talking about myself...right?...

4 stars...Trump is paired with Pence...OK...I'm just a waffling a bit here...hmmm, that sounds good...some waffles...I digress...I have no idea whether that is a good pick or not...none whatsoever...he does look like he comes from the 50's, so I guess so...your turn, Ms. Clinton...not to bring you down or anything, but Dizzy Miss Lizzy met with her last night...egads, tell me it ain't so...I want Bernie...BERNIE!...

You have any idea about the chaos surrounding the singer Taylor Swift?...she gots a new beau, I know...and KK and her latest have been feuding with her...but..the fact that she dumped her last and got a newbie has caused quite a stir...do you have any idea what I just wrote?...I don't, nor do I care...but you may, and that is amazing...

OK, now I am thinking about them 50's songs...geez...you know, the ones that you can hear the lyrics and hum the melodies...so many...I dunno...I often listen to that channel on XM as I am moseying out to the golf course..."It's All In The Game"...Tommy Edwards..."Good Golly Miss Molly"...ha ha...L'll Richard...ah, come on...

Have a super Saturday....OK?...




Comments

Popular Posts