The Open

Morning kids...I'm talking The Open...like over there>>>>>....at Royal Troon...where it all started...no better story line than the opening player to get the bloody thing a going...Colin Montgomerie...the mid 50 year old Scot...began with a pot bunker induced double...then...get this...shot an even par round...to beat the two youngins he was with...blimey!...way cool...it started our time last night at around 10:30 pm...totally different type of golf than around the states...

"Monty", as he has been affectionately called...has a checkered past here in the US of A...when he came over here to play in our T's, he would halt his play...and do stare downs of the patrons...who were acting like unruly bastards...which, as you can guess, didn't go over too well...and had been a very unloved visitor...

My pick?...shoot, I have been terrible at this prognosticating thinger this year...but, have to go with Dustin Johnson, right?...terrific first round by the newly named Olympian, Patrick Reed...had a 5 under...your fair haired lad, Jordan Spieth, will not win this...as will not, Rory...these blokes have too many issues...er, take the field...and you"ll probably be right on...

PS...Lefty is on fire!...right now on the pixels...

Tell me I'm wrong on this, however...the latest Prez Poll out of CBS and the NY Times...has the race...EVEN...I keep telling all you peops, that this will be a donnybrook...this is even prior to the chaos of the conventions...which, will be a test of patience and police...

The Repubs are first...in Ohio...next week...expect 60's type of demonstrations...with police armed to the gills...fending off the masses...expect a score of ultra conservatives trying to get the voting system changed, to no avail...expect Trump to emerge as a stronger dude...BTW, he is to name his VP selection tomorrow...I still think it will be Newt...finally, expect the mud slinging to be the ugliest since...well, as deep and dirty, as we can all remember...

Lordy, I hear the Padres are shopping the only pitcher that has been on target...the All Star, Drew Pomeranz...tell me it ain't so, AJ...listen dude, you got guys that are underperforming...get rid, er trade, some of them...like Cashner...he is a punching bag...man, that sounds bad...sorry...but, he has been hit...hard...a new arena and team might be the ticket he needs to find himself...there, that is better...Oh yea...the brown and gold jerseys were a bit hit for the fans...for the AS weekend...go figure....

Too bad baseball can't follow the lead of the NBA...as the players find their own teams to sign on to...when their original contract is up, they themselves can dicker with other clubs....rather than be a piece of meat to be chewed on by 30 something GM's...players...revolt!...

You know, I vented in my last night's blog about the "cart and pro" situation out at Sycuan...here's the post script...it is way hot out there...often...and if I walk, I am beat...just don't enjoy the game as much as when I ride...however, I am going to give the push the cart thinger a go...maybe...and the pro?...he doesn't exist to me...hmmm, still fuming...

OK, Big Brother, did not have a great show last night...so, If you just started it...stay with it...the back stabbing, lying, and cheating will pick up...you"ll get your showmances...but James, really?...I just read that back...sounds like a good convention...

More on the Phoenix serial killer...the police there have linked 3 more shootings to him...I believe that is 10...all in a smallish neighborhood...where do you turn for help?...the cops, right?...I still think that we are thinking backwards...

You Tweet?...you are missing out of instant info...that is happening everywhere...seriously...of course, it has to do with whom you follow...that's part of the gig...are you listening to me?...you will thank me later...I check it out regularly...

Man, Roy Orbison, was good...










Comments

Unknown said…
Mike Pence? Hmmmm

Popular Posts