Immortal

Am running late here, kids...as I went hacking, like real early...and this will probably post for tomorrow, too...there are times that we need to take a step back and look at someone who passes on...today is that day...the foundation of women's hoops...Tennessee's Pat Summitt...died today from complications of alzheimer disease...only 64 years of age...

Let me go back a bit...when there were very few gals sports...anywhere...when I first starting teaching...in the 70's...there was no girls basketball...I used to run an intramural tourney of all people...tandem teams...one of the best, was two gals...I will never forget this...Becky Sheets and Sue Roque...they beat most all teams, including the boys...I wondered why on earth that there wasn't the sport for them in the high school....I believe shortly thereafter, it happened...about the same time that on the collegiate level, the University of Tennessee hired this young gal coach...Pat Summitt...her teams dominated...forever, it seemed...sad day now...

Another coach that passed on today...the defensive coach of the Chicago Bears...Buddy Ryan...had quite an impact on the game...as he was the mastermind of that team, whose head coach was Mike Ditka...at least defensively...

OK...

No bloke has ever done this in the history of MLB...hit 3 home runs and 2 doubles in the same game...San Diegoite...3B from the Chicago Cubs and former USD star, Kris Bryant...16 total bases...egads...one of many that will be on the ballot stuffed all star lineup for the National League...the Cubbies...and the KC Royals have done the same for the American League...silly system, so says the Horse...

Tragedy in Turkey...as two fools killed a mass of people at the Istanbul Airport....and then, blew themselves up...what a waste of life...
PS...41 dead and 239 injured!...3 bombing fools in lieu of 2...cowards and the worst people on the planet...

Brag time...got an eagle on the 3rd hole at Sycuan Willow Course...162 yd 6 iron...1 hop and dead in...you know, I think it's harder to get a deuce on a par 4 than a par 3...have done that twice...oh my, my head is swelling beyond belief...so sorry...not...

I am not a soccer fan...as many of you know...but when Iceland upsets England, I stand up and applaud 'em...talk about a long shot of all long shots...

The Pads are back home...and they will need their hard hats in the field again...as the often bombed SP Erik Johnson, takes the hill...might as well put out the mismatched Schimpf in the lineup, too...the line favors the opponent...can be any team...any team...L...
PS...did get shellacked...P Johnson got lit up yet again...11-7 loss...duh...and Shimpf?...now batting .107...I rest my case...

Congress released the Benghazi Report...who does it condemn?...the one thing the pundits say, was that Hilz should have known it was a possibility...really?...I dunno...

Gotta say this...give the new Blake Shelton CD a listen...it is great...

The new book out about the Clintons..."Crisis in Character" was just released yesterday...let me know...

Stay cool...

Comments

Popular Posts