All We Are Saying

Does the Senate not remind of you of times gone past?  Sit ins, sit downs, protests, burning of the draft cards, and on and on.  As John Lennon sang it, "Give Peace A Chance!"  I think it's cool that we have Democrats that are that passionate about what they can't control.  In essence, that is what protesting is.  Let the dominate side know that they are there, and they have a different view.

In case you have been under a rock, or flat out don't care much about our Congress, there have been a group of Democratic Senators who have been staging a sit in over the lack of gun control bills passed by the group.  I think I have seen strong verbal battles by the other side with the protesting group.  The rule is to not have any video of what's been going on.  Ha ha!  "Senators, will you please all turn off your cell phones!"  Regardless, the overall leader, you next Republican boy, Paul Ryan, has shown contempt for it all.  Finally, he adjourned the Senate for a vacation.

My first two paragraphs were done with almost proper sentence structure...ha ha... I got yet again a reminder of what I do on a daily basis....write with a bunch of periods that separate my thoughts...yes sir and yes mam...if you are an English major lover, er you just want the sentence structuring you learned in high school...well, you are out of luck with the Horse...this is what I do...

Back to the real issue...is it not the responsibility of the Senators to vote for the items that represent their own state and people?...regardless of where they are getting their lobbyist money contributions from?...should it not be free from whether one is Repub or Demo?... apparently not...as many of those who have been chosen, think it is their right to vote the way they WANT to...

I listened to a good doctor... who was in high favor of the "electoral college" form of voting...have the elitists lobby their own decisions for the "good of the masses"...as many of those, are not smart enough to make correct decisions...this gets worse...that the common person vote is not all equal...this is a real discussion...oh my...

I guess I am in the political mode...Trump...have you ever seen or heard of a probable candidate that has been so lambasted by his own party?...it will take a major change of thoughts by the Repubs at their convention to make this a go...I can't believe that the Demos will have a cake walk to the presidency...so...is it not the responsibility of that party to make him attractive to the rest of the nation?...geez...can that be done?...questions questions questions...hmmm...

Protest songs...can't believe it has got back to this...CSNY...Barry McGuire...the Youngbloods...John Fogarty...and on and on...shoot, the Beatles...was there ever a better song in a movie than in the blood bath Apocalypse Now, than "Satisfaction", by the Rolling Stones?...

OK...I am leaving alone the loss by the Pads...well maybe not...the newbies, P Erik Johnson and 2B Schimpf, are major busts...and NOT MLB material...no way, no how...

Draft day in the NBA...and probable trades, too...hmmm...does this even affect the Blazers?...or the Warriors?...however, the transition of the Lake Show will be big...and the entire city of LaLa land will be rejuvenated...so says Horse...I have spoken...  ... ... ... ... ... ...just in case you are counting my periods...ha ha... ... ... ...

PS...had a wonderful bloke from my golf club bellow out to me..."I'm waiting for some big thoughts!"...ah, er, thanks for reading....

Comments

Popular Posts