Thursday Tidbits

Good early morning to ya"ll...before 6...egads...this means I am getting old...the pattern is now set...shoot, brings me back to when I HAD to get up before 6...anyway, here are the tidbits of the day...

I must start with the Portland Trailblazers...er, Rip City...who got eliminated in the NBA playoffs last nite in Alameda...but...PDX had a tremendous season...I picked them at the bottom...they lost 4 starters...yet...found a new way to play the game, featuring their should be star PG, Damon Lillard....they're fun, fast, and exciting...keep your team intact...Mr. GM...and add another PG/SG in the draft...just someone who can give your top 2 guards a real breather...it's all good...

Today is the day that the Donald and the speaker, Paul Ryan meet...hmmm...as big as anything that has happened thus far...if there can be a compromise of what's going on, it will be the icing on the cake for a surprising campaign for Prez...by Trump...no guarantee that it will be positive, that's why it is so intriguing...

"Let's play two!"...so said the ultimate Cubbie star, SS Ernie Banks...well now...I can think of a many Padres right at this moment that may be echoing that same thing...as the unthinkable happened...the mighty Chi-town team...barnstorming through the league...like the way all them pundits have been predicting...got their collective arses beat by the lowly San Diego Padres...both games!...what?...my oh my...won't wonders never cease...

Survivor...as the elder gentleman finally won something...and then ate himself into extinction...talk about irony...the winner is up for grabs...the final show is next week, I think...I tell you, there is no better production in the biz, than that of this show...it just keeps on a ticking, and in tune with the time...

The Players...in the PGA...this is the T with the island green...high drama even for those pro fellers...I didn't get into the pool...as I'd rather just watch the event without really rooting for anyone...how is Jordan Spieth gonna bounce back after his debacle in the Masters?...is it Rory's turn to shine?...can Rickey repeat?...should be fun...early returns for an older bloke, as Ernie Els is on fire!...see, I'd a never picked him...saved me $...

I will be out of communication for a 3 day run at our Member/Guest Tourney out at Sycuan...begins tomorrow...my guest is my son...there is no better father/son thing out there ...win or lose, we win...does that make sense?...we have both been playing well...in a tough field...and bracket...but that's just fine...we'll have a great time...guaranteed...

The NBA refs...I have been watching the playoffs since I was a teeny little boy...this is the worst I have seen them perform...takes away from the games...and... I also think that it is the same dudes making the mistakes...after the games, the NBA releases the statements, that the refs blew the calls...so what?..."we are informing you all that we are screwing the games up"...maybe it's time to get some suspensions in order...and or firings...get some new competent blood in that arena...

Boz is out at Humphreys on August 1...so...I'm gonna head on out there and get us a couple of tix....we have got to be considered Boz Groupies...just right behind the Beach Boys...in terms of can't miss...always a great nite and concert...BTW, while we are in Maui, Carrie is here in SD...booooo....you have seen her in concert, right?...terrific...

Let's see...the summer Olympics are to be held in Brazil...there is a threat of the mosquito danger...but, even worse...apparent coup of their leadership in the works...a coup!...where are we?...does the idea of sending the worlds greatest athletes there make a lot of sense?...as Graham Nash sang, "Military Madness"...revision may be necessary...

Our new living room set got here...without all my fears...worked like a charm...it's a beaut...sparkles in the condo...c'mon down and out and take a look...you know, we do have an extra bed...

Hmmm a MLB dude threw a game where he got 20 strikeouts...what?...normally these over bearing managers pull them before that can happen...Matt Scherzer...beat his old team, the Detroit Tigers...now chucks for the Nats...who has an old time skipper, Dusty Baker...which is the right recipe for leaving him in, to get 'er done...sorry Cliffy...

From the ridiculous files...remember the dude that shot Travon Martin a couple of years back in Florida?...we were there during that trial...saw it 24 hours a day on the pixels...well, the killer is auctioning off the weapon...oh my....

What ever happened to Scott Mckenzie?...








Comments

Popular Posts