The Derby

Ah hem, the Kentucky Derby...matches any sport's singular important event...like golf's Masters...or football's Super Bowl...you get me drift...it's the day of the horses...3 yr olds...as millions of people stop...and watch the event at Churchill Downs...a place where this Horse has never been...the track will reportedly host over 200,000...yup, it's the real deal...

So who do I have?...as I said yesterday, I have 2...out of 20...there is not a lot of early speed in this particular race...so handicapping is extremely tough...the closers have to find a path through a lot of others...so...I picked Nyquist to get out and maybe hold on...or...my main choice, Mohaymen, to come out of the pack...Andy the Capper has his Creator...shoot, it just may be a crap shoot...haven't got me tix yet...have to stroll on over to Striders in the am...

Hey now, the Pads looked like a dang good squad last eve...beating the Mets again...this time a shut out, 2-0...great pitching...timely hitting...very good D...outstanding base running...and we go for number 3 tonight...in front of us...5 o'clock something game...we hit the Omni Club...terrific dinner...Happy Mother's Day...well...

Seems like I talk about the Repubs rumors every single day...the latest?...a 3rd party being drummed up to feature 2 time loser Mitt Romney...you have got to be kidding me...he is the ultimate loser...and has zero chance of winning...0%...if the foos did that it would absolutely guarantee a Demo winner...they can't be that stupid, can they?...get aboard the Trump train blokes, it's your ONLY chance...amazing...

Survivor...got caught up last eve...hmmm...amazing how the wimps of the camp are leading...not sure how they are going to survive the last 10 days...ha ha....still...great producing!...

NBA...the ancient Spurs got another W at OKC...the Thunder have the better individual players...but not the UNISON!...it is a team sport, dudes...Westbrook is a tremendous athlete...but I wouldn't want him on my 12...too selfish...his lack of discipline is legendary...and he pouts...then walks back up the floor on D...think about that...the patterned Spurs going 5 on 4....chalk up another series for San Antonio...done...stick a fork in 'em...

The line on tonight's Blazer/Warrior game is 3...hmmm...the bookies think that PDX is going to get it...bet it...as MVP probable Curry, will be out again...fly to Vegas...lay out a thousand quid on the PNWers...and there you go....you'll be a rich person...for a while...go on...do it...wait, I was just kidding...never, ever bet on the NBA...or, is that the NFL?...ah, it's the same...

My quest for the day...go into the archives and see if I can find an old putter that might catch me eye...I have been on a terror...well, terrifying...Doctor 3 putt...a change would be good...maybe I need to go to Golf Mart and roust one out...something...they have a 90 day guarantee...just what would that be?....

Speaking of putters...did you see where the PGA dude penalized himself for banging his putter on his noggin?...in action, so to speak...bent the shaft, thus incurring a 2 stroke penalty...lawdy, I've thrown a putter longer than most of my drives...the shaft had to have been bent...maybe my putter is bent...ha ha...calm down Cliffy...just a joke...

And, finally, for equal time...Hillary went shopping on 5th Avenue for a new pant suit...geez, isn't that a Trumpism?...I'm sorry...I'll do better next time...

Oops, I almost forgot about this...the Nashville Pro Hockey team won a thriller in OT...in the playoffs...the winning goal was by Mike Fisher...what the pundits said, was "Mr. Carrie Underwood!"...duh, her hubby...

Peace...






Comments

Popular Posts