Wild, Wild, Finish

The play that will be talked about for years...YEARS, I tell ya...the winning hoop in the Big Dance...as Villanova hit the shot of ages to beat North Carolina...at the buzzer...enough to make me jump off my couch...ha ha...

The game itself was not a spectacular one...normal ebb and flows of two very good teams...the officiating was odious...what was called was mysterious...stopped the flow of the game...and...for all the notoriety that UNC's Coach Williams gets...the 'Nova Coach had more impact on in game happenings...

Still...the Tar Heels hit a prayer themselves...with 4.7 seconds to go, to tie the bloody thing up...a time that I think that coaches should be fouling a dude...so he can't attempt a 3 ball...and be stuck with 2 FT's...most don't do this...I don't get it...anyway...it set the stage for the last second shot...

Which Villanova has in it's arsenal of plays...just...for...that...situation...to win the...National Championship...fantastic finish...

Out here on the coast...it was Opening Day...for the Padres...I spent a blog session about the evaporation of last year's squad...how the better, er best, players were moved...and what we had been left with...well...witness the debacle of the 1st game of this season...blown out by record numbers...15-0!...what?...OK, you say...we were facing the best pitcher in baseball, Clayton Kershaw...BTW, he one hit us...but...the Bums lineup is no bash bros...and they lit us up...it got so bad, that I turned it to the news...any news...ha ha...just so happened that the station was broadcasting from the stadium...how they kept smiling thru that embarrassment is beyond me...

The faithful will say that it is only one game...hang in there...hmmm...today is probably as important as any for the SEASON!...really?...as much as I say it...the players are thinking the same..."here we go again"...I am skeptical...

Today is a litmus test for the candy men and woman in Wisconsin...who emerges will be huge, er yuge...it's been a bit since the last state voted...a lull of sorts...how the Badger state goes will speak a lot for the Repubs...early polls say that Raffy will get the W...and that it is a toss up for the Demos...

Panama Papers...you know what this is?...leaked documents from a lawyers firm...which implicates many world leaders in money laundering...well...that they are putting $ in banks that are tax free havens...a lot of interesting names...and...this is all...allegedly...named...stay tuned to this...does this surprise you?...naw...

I did order "The Winds of War"...finally arrived...7 dvd's of the series...guess what we will be watching?...it's not Blu-ray...geez, I am so spoiled...

I watched the Voice...again...I have said this for a couple of years now...the talent pool has dwindled..severely...there's not much there...

Finally...for golf...no better week than this one...the Masters...I have some reservations though...as much as I'd like to go there...the embodiment of the ruling party of the T is caked in yesteryear...it wasn't that long ago they forbid lady members...and still rule with an iron hand...read the latest SI...OK...I get it...don't like it...but I do like the golf that these marvelous players play...which I can say...the tide is turning...but in that land...oh so slowly...

Completely 180* diff, I am heading out to the links...ha ha...trying to break 90...oh yeah...and defending myself...for the blonde doo...I can do this...


Comments

Popular Posts