Opening Day

The long awaited "Opening Day" of the new MLB season is upon us...as the Padres host the talent ladened Bums of LA...it's at 3 or 4 in the afternoon here at Petco...I do not have tix...the spring season has been dismal for SD...so much promise about the rebuilding of the team...hmmm...the only thing that happened by the highly touted GM (Preller), is that we moved our best players...for prospects...which are just that...gone is our best long ball hitter, Jason Upton...gone is our stud closer, Kimbrel...gone is our starting 2B...Gyorko, gone is our starting 1B, and gone is our set up guy...what we have left, for the most part is what we have left...did pick up a kid from St Louis...but...the starting pitching, that gave up monster amounts of home runs...returns...needless to say anymore...this will be a disastrous season...the stadium is sold out...albeit, listen closely...as at least half the fans there, will be LA ones...this area loves the Bums...

Normally, I title Mondays, coffee days...not this special one...yup, I am having a bold cup of Joe right now...and...normally... I am a positive dude in the am...ha ha...BTW, Marsh posted a pix of my new doo on Facebook yesterday...oh my...some like it, some hate it...including my son...thanks to you all for the comments and "likes"...it is here and thriving...if I can make some of your day funny, or something like that, that is way cool...

Well the Beavs went to the mountain top to see if the bear was there...it was...OSU Gals Hoops...played the UConn, well they are the Huskies...but the symbolism is the same...there is no better team in the land than them...the Beavs are a good one...and getting better...but are not on the elite level as UC...which in Horse's mind, is better, person to person...than any guy's team in the collegiate ranks...they play better "team" ball than anyone...and...they are extremely well coached...and are deep...I could go on...

The guys settle their champ tonight...Villanova and UNC...really, I don't care much...there is no way that 'Nova can shoot 67% again...so figure the Tar Heels to get the W...I guess...

Did not realize that there were two music thingers on the pixels last eve...I did watch most of the country one...from Vegas...the other was a pop music gala...which I think is "down the tube"...you don't hear that terminology used much any more, do ya...the country winner was Chris Stapleton...geez, for one song, he has garnered a lot of notoriety...so says me...I got the CD...and it is booooring....I must be in a bad mood...blame it on the Pads...and...what the heck...give me a break on Miranda Lambert winning...enough...she has...well, enough....finally...how can that voting scheme not vote for "Girl Crush" as the top song?...LBT's...this, my good friends, is a big joke....

Immigration...this is a serious topic...today is the day that Greece is supposed to pack up the illegals back to Turkey...you know, the ones that came from the middle east...imagine...being one of them families...not sure of the solution...a true nowadays tragedy....

On the much lighter note...picked up a couple of packages of "Fair Scones"...made by Fisher...there you go...and that's what I'm about to make...and yes, I do have raspberry jam...this will be a good thing...

Prove me wrong Padres...








Comments

Popular Posts