April 1

Hey now...don't get fooled on this day....April Fools...bet someone will try...maybe you...ha ha...it just tells me that I have to pay the bloody bills...boo...and...we are at the beginning of the new MLB Season...yes...this elongated national game of ours...baseball...for here, it's our mighty Padres...fresh off a tuneup of a 13-9 shellacking of our JV team...the Chihuahuas...of El Paso...our AAA franchise...just a peak at the level of pitching we have in the farm...BTW, we start with the Bums and Kershaw...you want odds on that one?...

You know for all the bragging I do about being able to walk anywhere...to eat, drink, and be merry in the hood...we walked over to Las Hadas last eve for the best fajitas...ANYWHERE...had a few beverages...it's what one does here...so convenient...and so warm...however...

I have to drive to get to my golf course...out in El Cajon...a 30 minute jaunt...Sycuan...like 3 or so times a week...no getting around this...unless I quit the sport...anyway...let's get Sirius...cuz that's what I listen to on my journey..."Roll With Me Henry"...I tune it to the 50's...usually...happy music...right?...

That song is by Etta James...more famous for the the top 5 ever hit, "At Last"...still, it's a good one...and is infectious...when have you heard of someone being named Henry?...surely, an old time one...Henry Aaron...who else?...Hank Greenburg...hmmm, tried to Google it...and the bloody app told me to try later...what?...

I'm in the informative mood...PBS had a wonderful piece last night on the Channel Islands...what is that to you?...these are the Islands west of Cali...you know one of them as "Catalina Island"...the island of romance romance...sung by the 4 Preps...geez, am I stuck in the fifties?...anyway, there are others...with rich history and find it...you will be fascinated...trust Horse...

The candy peops are in NY...egads...now, we will get as much as you can stomach...key state for each of them, for sure...you made your mind up?...for us here in SoCal we have a long time to go...I think we are the last state to vote...shoot, by then...we may have just one in each party...naw...

The latest fad for the rich, pseudo famous?...being immortalized as an Emoji...you know what this is?...those little add ons for messages and emails for your phone...them smiley things...at least, that's where it started...take a look at all the choices one has now...you can even get the arse of KK...just another wonderful spring time present to give to your loved one...

I went out to practice me golf yesterday...banged balls...lots of them...think I came up with a quirk in my swing that I adjusted...we'll see...as I head on out for a round this am...yea, right...you know how many times I have said this in my life?...ha ha...

Tomorrow is the epic day of me going blonde, yet again....try as you may to dissuade...it will happen...the Native with the non-native hair color...just go with it...if not, the color soon would be gray...which I despise...cuz, as we all know, I am very eccentric and a goof...more of the latter...

Have a terrific April Fool's Day...


Comments

Popular Posts