Strange Brew

Even though I am golfing this am, I am up like way early...so I have
time to write a bit...and it's all about the NBA...just a Strange Brew of events that went on yesterday...and no weirder than that happening in Cleveland...they fired their head coach...David Blatt...

Hmmm...let's see...in his second season...his lack of accomplishments must be the reason, right?...wait...he lost in the finals last year to the best team in hoops, the GS Warriors...albeit, with his star PG injured...yes, he does have the dominant physical feature in the game, LeBron James...but...here me clearly...he is not THE BEST in the biz...talking Lebron...

OK...this season he had the Cavs in first place in the East...and easily the front runner to get back to the champ game...however, the Warriors came to town and beat them soundly...get a grip, Cleveland owners...if GS is on...they beat anyone...even you...and the finger of doubt should be put on YOU!...your next best players are no where close to that of the champs...PG Irving and disappointing Love...no match for Klay Thompson and the best 4 man playing, Draymond Green...not even close...

Well, the Cavs hired the players's buddy, and former NBA player, Tyronn Lue...signed him for 3 years, I believe...BTW, the assist coach always seems like the better option...and let's be frank...if he can get this team to win, then the change may have been right...my take?...there usually is a bump up at first...but in the latter third of the regular season, it will really tell...

Any time the inmates run the asylum it is a sure fire bet that it will fall apart...listen, you have the same personnel...and they can't beat the Warriors...or the Spurs...or the Thunder...or the ???...regardless of who is guiding the team...and...if not winning enough, these blokes will turn on Lue, too..."it can't be me!" syndrome...

In the mean time, I just watch the good kids play...and play hard...and enjoy the game...BTW, Coach Steve Kerr just returned...kudos to Luke Walton for a terrific interim job...as they whupped an improved Pacer squad...who has a couple of rookies that are playing real well...one being Joe Young, the Duck...and I watch the Clip Show...and the Spurs...and the Blazers...all play with emotion and not  with the evil eyes of the Cavs...sorry, Cleveland, but it's true...

Finally, the answer to my trivia Q from two days ago...Pete Carroll...stumped ya, didn't I...

Wish me luck as I get out and bang the ball this am...

Comments

Popular Posts