5 Flights Up

So you want a feel good flick, for these cold winter nights?...and I bet you didn't see it in the movie house...dang...it's been over a year since we have gone...maybe longer...somehow, this slipped by...set in Brooklyn...and has two of my favs as stars....Morgan Freeman and Diane Keaton..."5 Flights Up"...not going to give you anymore on it...just rent or buy it...and enjoy...trust Horse...

And...happy birthday to Diane!...a mere 70 years young today...her lineage of movies is amazing...and she still looks great!...I doubt she has had the fake face done, like so many of our stars have...refreshing...and she is a hell of an actress...the one above mentioned, yet another....

The NFL teams expected to file for relocation...did...the Chargers, the Raiders, and the Rams...ironically all 3 have had residence in LA at one time...and, apparently, want to go back to the city of angels...man, that just may be a facade...right?...supposedly, the owners are going to vote on them this week...takes a 75% approval vote to move...the horrific Charger owner is smug...I think he thinks he has the votes...bad dude, kids...

The week of rain is upon us...a light set yesterday...today and on for the next 4 days we should get slammed...anywhere from 3-6 inches...wowser...unchartered waters for us...and I have put me sticks on hold...duh...BTW, my buddies play regardless of the weather...and call me more names...like the fair weather Duck...

Got a call from my PNW buddy, the Snooki...and he wanted to be the first to give me the good news...the Duck DC has been demoted...lordy, my rant about his coaching abilities on that level has been repetitive and brutal...I know...being in that field, I should have been more serene...ha ha...naw...it's a good move...finally...a nationwide search is on for the new one...

When I have had a great meal...I will repeat it...we went back to Las Hadas and had the chicken fajitas...well, I did...Marsh had the seafood burrito...roll your r's kids, and you win a free taco...it's that good...and if you are in this area, it is a must do...we've been going there for 9 years +...

Staying in the food department...we did sign up for the Blue Apron...what?...told you about it yesterday...to be delivered a week from tomorrow...for the initial meals...3 a week...well now, it's something different...costs about $20 a meal for two...hmmm...you will get a first hand review...meal is a weird word...

Did you watch the premiere of this season's version of the Bachelor?...I did...Marsh doesn't like that smut, so she says...anyway...he is a class act...Ben...and as usual, there are the odd contestants...no one more so than Lace...egads, run don't walk...I will admit the show does carry on way too long...like months...

We did some soul searching yesterday...as we were battling the crowd in Costco...is that place always person to person massed or what?...anyway, we have surpassed our unwritten 5 year rule of living spaces...figured that when Marsh retired from the real estate, we were going to sell...pack our bags...and move on...have been thinking on the beach...gulp...even to like Huntington Beach in LA...blasphemy...affordable...then did a 180*...after watching the flick above, got the itch for Brooklyn...we are a vagabond lot, don't you think?...

Stay dry, my good friends...








Comments

Popular Posts