Tradition

Morning kids...back from the Amtrak trip to Santa Barbara...have to admit it was a smug smile I had, as I watched from our biz class seat...at the cars virtually stopped on the freeway...so much easier to make the trek via the train...and I got to watch the Army/Navy football classic on my phone...

It was a beaut...like many traditional ones, you can throw out the records of the teams...it will be close...so much rivalry and pride on the line...this season?...the Cadets are 2-9...hmmm, got beat at the buzzer 3 times...so a bit deceiving...and the Midshipmen are 9-2...thus, heavy favorites...like in some books, almost 30 points...

And...due to the lack of overall great talent at the institutions...I'm being real...the coaches feel like the best way to find a win, is to control the ball and the clock...duh...run run run...so they opt for the antiquated triple option...run all the time, and throw out of necessity...in Horse's mind, way boring...however...in this game, it's kind of cool...they both use it...

The outcome of these have been one sided now for some time...like 13 straight years...Navy has won...yup, 13 years since Army has got the W...that's a lot of classes, kids...so...I was pulling for the underdog...it's time for the streak to be broken...

Down by 4, in the 4th Q...the Cadets were driving...inside the Navy 30 yd line..is it finally going to happen?...aided by a 30 yd pass to their 6'5" end (not lonesome, for you history buffs), who was unstoppable...the worst happened...the worst, Jerry...the dreaded C to QB snap fumble..2 out of 3 times...and the last...was lost...to the Midshipmen...and so was the game...

The streak continues at 14...egads...so close...and the arrogance of the Middies continues on...but..the coach of them...who has most of those W's, is interviewing elsewhere...like at BYU...I think he is Mormon...and a Hawaiian...like, a good fit...and...my only concern, is if the pass happy Cougs, can adapt to this type of style...the jury is out...

Other stuff...

Iowa...not the football team...but the state...has some startling news for us all...there is a new leader in the Repub polls there...Cruz...the latest?...up by 10 points over the Donald...what?...this whole race has been an eye opener...if you check back into the posts by Horse...I warned you all about this dude...he was going to be the climber...anyway, the next and final elephant debate is Tuesday...in Vegas...isn't this going to be fun?!!!...

Another streak...this time busted..as the Bucks of Milwaukee gave the 1st loss of the season to the injured Warriors of GS...this was after a double OT win the nite before at Boston...figures...even at full strength, it would have been a doozy...it's a long season kids...

I sent out a Jibjab Xmas thinger...lordy, those are fun things...check it out...you put you and yours...faces in the allowed spots...and watch the product...makes me laugh every time...check it out...

The best football player in the land?...D-1...given via that unlikely of named trophy, the Heisman...I wrote about the guy a couple of years back...not a sportsman type...like one of them coaches that would run the score up...you KNOW the type...anyway...it was given to the RB out of 'Bama, Derrick Henry...to me, I thought that there wasn't a clear cut winner...and maybe, just maybe, they should have found a D guy, in lieu...does it have to the offense?...I dunno...

This is the beginning of the silly season in golf...actually, I could be part of that year round...I digress...where there are a lot of tourneys that are for a select few...like being invited types...father/son (daughter)...Normans' best ball...bunch of others...used to be where Freddy Couples would make a gazillion bucks...anyway, it's the time for the Pros to breathe...and retool their game...especially those blokes who have to unanchor their putters...bye bye long sticks...

Fantasy Football...well now....my team is in the playoffs...need a huge effort from my players...if I can win, I play my son's team...who has a bye...the NFL is so hard to figure...especially with questionable officiating...ha ha...geez, what sport doesn't have that?...

Speaking of downright odious calls...were you watching the end of the PDX/Knicks game last eve?...crunch time...Melo absolutely ran over Portland's Plumlee...and the ref called a block...difference in the game...and I call fix...and I'll leave it at that...

So we had our annual Xmas Party for the building last eve...actually pretty nice...35 floors of people, kids...and knowing me, I chose something a bit out of the ordinary...now I don't know a lot of these folk...but maybe like 25% I talk to...anyway...I wore an earring...ha ha...and not one...I repeat NOT ONE of the people that I DO KNOW, said a bloody word...however, every one, I repeat, EVERY ONE of the concierge and security peops did...with a smile on their faces...weird...

Go in peace...

BTW....how are the mighty Shepherd College Rams doing?...bloody undefeated...and...are playing for the NCAA Div 2 Championship...next Saturday...in Kansas City, Kansas...




Comments

Popular Posts