I Love Lucy

Morning kids...it's a super Sunday...bet geez, it doesn't feel like one...more like a Tuesday...I guess it's because of Xmas on Friday...right?...anyway, spent way too much time watching football yesterday...there were 6 of them bowl games on...and I needed a sweep to get back in the pool...

Turns out that after 4 early wins, I was a puffin me chest out...and then BOOM!...a catastrophe...Duke beat Indiana in OT...wait, it must be hoops, right?...these are hoops schools...naw, they were playing in the toilet bowl in Flushing, NY...kidding...anyway...with all these bowl games, they must have sent the worst refs to this one...as in the overtime, the Indiana kicker tied the game with a FG...that was good, and yet, the refs blew it...and ran off the field...egads...replays show it was clearly in and good...this is why you have the replays...unless, the odds boards are involved...booooooo...and, of course, I lost...staying in this paragraph...then lost the last one...as the odiously coached Bruins got beat by the worst team in all of the bowls games...Riley's Nebraska...who were 5-7...dang...I'm only 4-2 for the day...and fall further out of it...booooooo....

You think you know all about the infamous Lucy...she was the comedic staple for the TV for many years...who didn't watch "I Love Lucy?"...well now, here's some stuff to try on...she was 40 when the show first aired...seemed much younger, right?...really, who cares, as she was way funny...and she really wasn't red haired...a brunette...but, kept that shade forever, as her mantra...whatever, she was wonderful...and I'll still watch the show when it comes on...

I innocently asked if anyone out in the Facebook world, had ever seen the "Rat Pack" live...and kind of implied that I wish I would have...and Marsh's broker responded by ripping me a new one, responding that no one has, only me, as I was so old...what?...oh my...cheap shot...I took the higher road and didn't respond...I have some doozies, of course...but, gosh, he is her boss...ha ha...in fairness, I was talking about Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin...and the rest...their Vegas shows were priceless, so I'VE HEARD!...

For the most part, love Facebook...there's a guy who has roots to the Santee Sioux...and posts some historic pix...this is my mother's side of things...yesterday, he did one which included my lineage...way cool...somehow, her side survived the attacks of the government...as this was the end of the "Indian Wars", so to speak in and around South Dakota...and on the date of Dec 26, there was a mass hanging of 38 Santee...so sad...by your government...

OK, now...the PDX Blazers had to host the Cavs...fresh off a beating by the Warriors...see above...sorry for the inference...and some would say, the GS Hangover game...and Cleveland got ripped...yup, Horse watched it...and we got the Ohio feed...as they lamented pretty much from the get go...bad effort by the Cavs..."run some plays...blah blah blah"...down most of the game by 30...it was, my good friends, sweet...BTW, LeBron James (they call him LBJ) was pretty average this night...

Hmmm, you've heard of Al Jazeera?...news source from the Middle East...anyway, somehow they have come up with a doozy of a report....of all places...but that there is a link to PEDS to some mighty famous NFL players...in the here and now...and they have the story...the big name that it talks about it, is get this...Peyton Manning...what?...the denials have already come out...stay tuned to this one...it will get bigger and bigger real soon...

So we took a break from watching the football yesterday (well, I did) and went to the super to get some things, especially some dark, full bodied, and as rich as I can purchase, coffee...get like 3 bags so I won't run out for the next month...right?...got some meats, bread, salad stuff, pop, veggies, personal items...yup, over $100 worth...but no coffee...forgot about it until we got home...

I'm sure you heard about the awful brush fires up in Ventura...it's on the way back to Santa Barbara...where the kids live...closed down Hwy 101...took Cris and Leila most of the day to drive back home...but did make it...they did witness the burnt signs...but the flames were gone...the Amtrak line was even shut down...

As the Fonz would say, "Be Cool"...well, I think he said that..."ehhhhhh"...

Comments

Popular Posts