Monday Decaf

Did you survive your weekend?...right, me too...I remember back in the days...when I was teaching and coaching...this was a short week...and for hoops...a last bit of time prior to the commencement of the season...and, of course, Thanksgiving...

Gone now are our parents, who drove the gathering of us all...it was what we did...somewhere...it could have been at the Oregon Coast...or at one of the parents...or, usually, we hosted...no doubt a bonding time...Cris and I always snuck out and played some golf after dinner...regardless of the weather...ha ha...

We still celebrate the day...I guess...you can call it that...lucky to have some friends (the Maduzas, bless their hearts) in the high rise that have asked us to join them...smile...will miss having Cris and Leila joining us...they are with her side of the fam...understand it and know they will have a great time...

Hoops...my oh my...the Warriors continue their path to glory...winning number 15...at Denver...who, like everyone they play, had a terrific game...yet...still lost...GS hosts the Lake Show on Tuesday for the new record...done deal, says me...and...PDX got it's 2nd in a row...their own streak...

But...the utter collapse of the Clip Show...is on parade...yup, this early in the season...at home to Toronto...too bad...that Canadian team is under-rated...LA is over-rated...and after the loss...shouting within the club house was heard...by anyone within a block...just the tip kids...expect some changes...and a few dudes getting released...

NFL...not for long...strange officiating in the Sunday niter...again...sure seems to be some of that...er, a lot of that going on...as the Ariz Cards hung on for a win over the Cincy Bengals...you KNOW what I am referring to...there is a lot of cash being bet on these games...and more importantly...one has to watch the point spreads...and...the calls are from the back judges...just saying...

Taped the AMA's...saw some of the "highlights" of the show...how old is JLo?...remarkable...I guess Miley didn't preform...darn...the Biebs did...ha ha...I dunno, but the state of the industry is not so good...albeit, the Country Music is...so says me...

Da polls...with the past week's occurrences...the more aggressive a candy man appeals more to the people who get poled...er, is that polled?...hmmm...anyway, the Donald is leading by more...and more...brace yourself, kids...it's getting closer to a sure thing...who'd a thunk that a year ago?...

Do you Tweet?...I'm telling you, it's the fastest source of news there is....so...you don't ever have to Tweet...just read the pitter patter...of course, you have to follow the news sources...and get all the sides...not just the ones that you believe in...trust Horse...

Fantasy Football...egads, my team took a loss...cuz, one of my RB's went down with a concussion...dang...feel bad for him and me...geez, that sounded awful...for him...not me...

Our Padre bench coach got the manager gig for the Bums...hmmm...didn't get much of a look for the vacated one here...interesting...good guy...Dave Roberts...wish him well...tuff job...except when he plays SD...rumor is the new bc here is going to be Mark McGwire...the HR king during the 'roids era...well, one of them...

Dancing With The Stars...the finals, er the final 4...tonight...always, a good if not great show...the best I can do, is the Round Dance...which, my friends, I would get a 10...

Enjoy the sun while it lasts...




Comments

Popular Posts